1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God Want Children To Be Abused?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DrJamesAch, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr T advice for ALL posts/threads started by "Dr" A - (you know what it is)

Ignoring a fool is the right of any on the BB. His hatred for a sovereign God in control of all things (whether we, in our depraved mind, think them "good" or "bad") sickens me.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, God does not want children, women, or anyone else to be physically abused, raped, or molested, God hates all sin.

Psa 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psa 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
    5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
    6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

Psa 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
    6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    7 For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

The scriptures are clear that God loves righteousness and hates wickedness.

3. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

#23 Inspector Javert, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  4. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Really! This post mentioned NOTHING about Calvinism. NOTHING. You all complain that it's all I talk about, then I start a thread that DOES NOT mention it, and the assumptions go flying.

Now on to your absurd wikipedia theology and philosophy assertions.

1. My question begs nothing but a straight forward answer which you are too scared to give. It doesn't assume anything YET. I for one do not believe that God wants women and children to be abused so you can bootstrap erroneous fallacy assumptions all you wish because you clearly have no clue as to how they apply as I've already demonstrated that you did with Van.

2. Again, making assumptions that I didn't make. There is no fallacy in asking if that is what someone truly believes. It's not a rhetorical question.

I'm going to take the high road and not even respond to the rest of your drivel.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good advice, but it is hard to follow when he spreads such devious nonsense left unrebuked.

#25 The Biblicist, Jul 13, 2013
  6. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Thank you for your kind words.

Now would you care to defend your position that God controls all things, and determined all things, or just be content with the occasional drive-by accusations that I "hate the sovereignty of God" and am a "fool"? That response is just as unChristian as any of the others on this forum (some of mine included).

7. Inspector Javert

Cute....Dr. J. "HATES" a "Sovereign" God???...:laugh:

No...he's asked what is (or should be) a VERY SIMPLE question, about what God would "WANT". "Sovereignty" has nothing at all to do with it.....
    Just in case you would have gone there...neither does "Justice" either.

You see folks:
    There are a plethora of differing words in the English Language (until the liberals have their way, and all force us to use "Newspeak")....and they all mean differing things. A few (totally random) examples might include these words:

1.) Want
    2.) Ordain
    3.) Decree
    4.) Sovereign
    5.) Omniscient
    6.) Omnipotent
    7.) Justice
    8.) Fairness
    9.) Will
    10.) Fool

And Dr. Bob has just called Dr. J. a "fool"....who "hates" a "Sovereign" God.....nice!! :thumbsup: :tongue3:

Congratulations Dr. J........even the moderators officially accuse you of "hating" a "Sovereign God".....You've finally arrived.

Do people who "hate" God go to heaven????
    I don't think so:
    So, you're probably damned Dr. J....since you "hate" God and what-not....
    You've been consigned to hell.
    I could have told you that after the first week you were on B.B.

#27 Inspector Javert, Jul 13, 2013
  8. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Still waiting for a response??? Come on James where are you?

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The Scriptures are equally clear that God loves justice and the consequences of sin is justice. God love for righteousness does not invalidate his love for Justice as justice is righteousness and the JUST wages of sin is death - everything consequential to spiritual death unto Second death falls under the JUST conequences of sin.

11. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

LOL, and made it on the James White Dividing Line, all in one week. :laugh:

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not James but his question was not "Does God permit evil?" It was, "Does God want women and children to be raped, abused, and molested?" IMO, you have not answered his question. JDF came closest, but not quite.

13. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Yes, God meet out justice, and judgment. We don't deny that. God absolutely punishes sin. We don't deny that. I have debated Jehovah's Witness extensively on the doctrine of hell, and have an article on my website about liberals that all they want is a lovey-dovey God who never judges sin. You are making a fallacy accusation without knowing what your opponent believes about judgment and sin.

HELL: Would a Loving God Send Anyone There?

So now that I've answered your derailing argument will you answer mine?

14. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

You introduced something outside of the original question, so that forces me to introduce new arguments. Even though I get that it is a deliberate attempt to avoid the question, I answered your argument anyway, and you still have not answered it directly.

You claim that my question should have been (as if you have that right) about God's justice. In order for there to be justice, there has to be something to demonstrate justice. There was no justice before there was a creation and fallen world. However, God did have desires before the world began, and God also had love before He was sovereign over creation.

You merely want to focus on justice, when the question in the OP is about something that existed with God (desire) before the universe began. I have obliged answering your questions even though it was a thread that I STARTED, so therefore, I'm not going to answer your questions since you have not shown me the same courtesy.

IT'S NOT COMPLICATED, but somehow I knew it would be for many.

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are skirting the issue! Rape, molestation, etc. are consequences of JUSTICE due to sin. Your question had no reference to PRE-CREATION or PRE-FALL conditions but fallen conditions and fallen conditions are by necessity JUST CONSEQUNCES by a JUST and HOLY God.

I have answered you and posted that answer twice now! Do I have to post it again? Just look at my post previous to the one you chose to respond to.

16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

A third time is a charm I guess. Here is my unanswered post for a third time.

17. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

It is a fairly simple question. If I have a teenage daughter that does what they want against my wishes, I may permit her to date that boy she has a crush on because she's old enough to make her own choices and I can't control everything she does (she can run away). I may permit my daughter to things that I don't prefer or desire. My permissive will has nothing to do with my desires and wants.

The question simply identifies what others believe about what God wants and desires. Any Bible believing Christian that claims to know God should want to know what God wants and desires, but yet so many have already struggled with answering that question which I believe is a tell-tale sign that the love of God is a foreign concept to many in my opinion.

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The word "permit" is not the same as the word "want". FAIL X 3.

19. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

You HAVE NOT answered my post. It is simple as 5th grade recess. I didn't ask "Does God punish sin". I didn't ask "does God PERMIT evil". You are attempting to morph your own premise on to my question in an attempt to hijack the subject and turn it into something you don't have to answer. My free will buckles against your determination to change the subject. And I can CHOOSE to ignore your question because you have not given a straight answer. If you don't want to answer it, fine. Then we have nothing further to discuss as you have abandoned the debate.

If you choose to answer it. The question is does God WANT and DESIRE the abuse, rape and molestation of women and children. Now I hope you know the difference between what God PERMITS and what God WANTS and PREFERS. If you don't know the difference then you can't answer this question anyway.

20. Inspector Javert