1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does his deaf mean anything to you?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Philip DarkoOkai, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Philip DarkoOkai

Philip DarkoOkai New Member

How do we christians understand Jesus Christ deaf on the cross.Do we value it at all?

2. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Do you mean His "deaTH"? If so, we should all value it, because by His death we are reconciled to God.

3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I agree, all Christians should value His sacrifice. We would be lost souls without His death. We die with Christ, and rise with Christ to a new life. Can't do that without His death.

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I would hope that all believers would value it, for it is of infinite value. On the cross He paid the price for our sins. He Himself said that He came to give His life as a ransom for many. When He said "it is finished" the ransom was paid and ALL that was needed to be done for our redemption was complete. Praise His Name!!!

Bro Tony

5. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

I look on the salvation experience as becoming one with Christ, and I look on this as equivalent to taking him "into my heart".

I consider that He so identifies Himself with me as to take on my death, the penalty for sin that I deserve, because He has become one with me.

I consider that because He was able to raise from the grave, and He has completely identified with me, that I will take on His resurrection from the grave.

I prefer this way of stating it than the more normal way of his death being a substitute for my death, tho the other wording is also valid.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God determined that the wages of sin is death. Not just the first death - but the Rev 20 "Second death" in the lake of fire.

Christ came and took our sin upon him - the penalty we owe - was paid by Christ "The certificate of DEBT consisting of decrees against us" He nailed to the cross. Our debt is the second death - owed because of sin.

The Law of God demands that it be paid in full. Either you will pay it in the lake of fire or you will accept the payment of that same debt paid in full by Christ on the cross.

His sacrifice was a ransom for the debt of sin that we "owe". Our certificate of debt - He paid in full.

In Christ,

Bob