1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does it really matter if you're a Calvinist?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Pinoy, not sure how you feel, but I for one, would be convinced that people who were largely denied access to a knowledge of God through the scriptures, and managed to get a few pages of precious scripture, then I could be totally confident for those the HS would indeed prevent grievous error in their zeal to know the God of the Bible.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said they were grievous errors. My point is that these so-called church "fathers" had no access to the completed word of God at that point in their lives and therefore had no way to arrive at any of the doctrines we hold on to in todays' soteriological spectrums.

Just look at the implications of what most of them are saying.
    Would you agree that any of God's child whether he belongs to the whosoever or the elect camp would lose their salvation or negate the blood of Christ shed for their redemption based on their works ?

Yet that is the implication of most of their statements.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No one told me, it's just my guess considering the tenets of Calvinism. Of course I'm speaking in general terms; this shouldn't be construed to apply to all DoG's.

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Finally, something from pinoybaptist I can agree with wholeheartedly! :applause:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.