1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Jesus have 2 Distinct Natures, Or 2 blended into a Single Nature?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jun 8, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Is He God/Man, 100% each Nature, in 1 body, but distinct, or He a "blended" nature, with both part of a single nature?

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Jesus was 100% God and 100% man in the same person. I believe this is what theologians call the hypostatic union. We can talk about it but we can't understand it, probably because it defies human logic and is outside human experience. He definitely was not of a "blended nature."

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.-----Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But did empty himself,

The form of a servant having taken, in the likeness of men having been made, -----And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

This at the very least had to be at least a nano of one percent so take it from one hundred.

Also IMHO