1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does Jesus still speaks to people today as He did to Paul?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by longhino, May 4, 2012.

1. longhino

longhino New Member

Majority of people who read the bible is my reference to "people" and "they." Not all in the bible are God's Word so to speak. There words of men and Satan in the bible, not to mention cultures and traditions of men. But if we are speaking of the original handwritings and the words that God uttered then to the prophets and the disciples and the apostles, I believe those are God's Word.

I do not agree with Paul on that statement, Paul is not God. Jesus did not even teach that to the apostles neither did God teach that to the prophets.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus has spoken to me.
    What do you mean by the gate of heaven? The kingdom of God is within me.
    Have you heard Jesus’ voice?
    The Holy Spirit inside me confirms that God is speaking to me in His written Word.

3. mandym

mandym New Member

All of the Bible is the word of God. All of it, every word of it. All scripture is breathed out by God. To suggest anything else is to call God and scripture a liar.

4. longhino

longhino New Member

Learn to keep that to yourself since even God and Jesus did not teach such thing you claim about the bible, did God and Jesus?

5. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I would never put God in a box and say He doesn't speak audibly to His people today. I will say that I have heard several people say they have heard Him in a audivle voice and it worries me, for the ones who have said this are people that always seem to be wanting to appear more spiritual than others or they seem to be saying, look at me, look at me. Now these may be legitimate experiences but I usually am very skeptical when I hear some one say "God told me", especially if they are trying to get others to follow them.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I think that I am done with discussions with longhino.

7. longhino

longhino New Member

Your good news delighted my heart, for all you know. May I know when, where, and how did God speak to you? What means did God use in talking to you and what did God tell you in particular about salvation and eternal life?

I am not talking of rhetorics, I am talking of the real Paradise which is soon to come, how can that be (Paradise) in your heart when it is the spiritual world of God and the sons of God?

Can you specify if the real voice of Jesus is the one that you ask of me or just the same voice that Jesus did when he manifested/lived in His Deity to the flesh born of Mary, please?

How is that, how do know the HS is inside you?

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Tell me, would you rather they are quiet and not tell anyone?

9. mandym

mandym New Member

Keep it to myself? :confused:

You have painted yourself into a corner here. See if the words of Paul in scripture a questionable then the words of Jesus must also be questionable since they are both in the Bible. If one cannot be believed then there is no way to know which is really true and which is not.

Since Jesus Himself called Paul into the service of Apostle then we know that his words are of God. If you reject Paul as authoritative you reject God.

This kind of left wing mess you are spewing has no place in the kingdom of God. Shame on you.

10. longhino

longhino New Member

I hope you know what it meant to say "The Word of God," don't you? The bible is not really what you claim. I agree that there are really words that God uttered then in the bible, but the bible is not "The Word of God" per se, it is a book of testimony to the Lord Jesus Christ.

#30 longhino, May 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  11. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Good point, but it is just the people I know that have said this. I just don't hear of God speaking to some of the most Godly people on the planet, so it makes me skeptical, just like speaking in tongues. Why don't we see Billy Graham or John MacArthur speak in tongues or saying "God told me"?

But I guess if I felt God was speaking to me I would probably not be quiet unless He said to be quiet about it. It's hard to say unless you have this experience.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

How do you know that they are godly people?
    Well, I do not know if Graham or MacArthur ever said “God told me,” but I do think that Billy Graham believed in the false nowadays tongue speaking.

I think we should speak of our experiences. With scripture, we can judge if what people say is in line with the truth or not.

13. mandym

mandym New Member

You can't get out of your corner can you. This left wing extremism has no place in the Kingdom of God.

14. longhino

longhino New Member

Do not make it to appear as if it were God who did teach it.

Nice point since you can come today to Jesus in the reality of His own way of existence to ask for the truth or make confirmation of both, will you?

If we will not come to Jesus today, then there is really no way at all. But there is since Jesus is real and alive at all times and He (Jesus) is accessible to all through His own ways, not your way neither is my way - only Jesus' way in the reality of His own way of living.

What is the matter with you, brother? Paul is long time dead, how can you deal with a dead person when dead man tells no tale? Paul is not the bible, do you agree? How can you reject someone who is not coming to you at all?

All I'm telling in general is for all of us to come and call on to the Lord God Jesus Christ and to acknowledge Jesus own way of coming to us when He responds to our call, and most of al, get all the truth from Jesus from that time onward, what is a mess with that?

15. longhino

longhino New Member

That is what you perceive, but it is entirely different from what I learned from Jesus, who said to us;

All of you who have ears, do listen. I Am your Lord God, to whom will you be afraid of? I, as the Almighty One, to whom will you be frightened with? Keep in your mind that if I Am the One beside you, you have nothing to fear of, you have nothing to worry about because I Am the One to get you out of any tragedy should you put your trust in Me and if you will treat Me as your salvation and eternal life. Being your Lord that you will only worship and nothing more, the only One God who is existing in the whole of the heaven, the whole of the earth, and the whole of the universe either. I who created all things, I who give life to you, to whom will you come with? If not to Me you have no other to come with.

Keep in your mind that the everlasting life and your salvation are in my hands. If you want to be saved, come and get nigh with Me. If you want eternal life, come and call on to Me. Put your trust in Me because if you fail to do this thing, you have no salvation and eternal life. You have nowhere to go except tragedy and tribulation................

16. mandym

mandym New Member

You have only learned from the great deciever who is an expert on twisting and misusing the Word of God.

Mat 4:3 And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread."

Mat 4:5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple
    Mat 4:6 and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, "'He will command his angels concerning you,' and "'On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.'"

Mat 4:8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
    Mat 4:9 And he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me."

17. longhino

longhino New Member

Ignore them once they tell you to follow them or get membered to them, but once they tell you to come to God and get the truth from God without them.................think a million times..................

18. longhino

longhino New Member

Nice verses, try now to compare what you posted from what Jesus is telling the whole of mankind today, He says;

All of you who have ears, do listen. I Am your Lord God, to whom will you be afraid of? I, as the Almighty One, to whom will you be frightened with? Keep in your mind that if I Am the One beside you, you have nothing to fear of, you have nothing to worry about because I Am the One to get you out of any tragedy should you put your trust in Me and if you will treat Me as your salvation and eternal life. Being your Lord that you will only worship and nothing more, the only One God who is existing in the whole of the heaven, the whole of the earth, and the whole of the universe either. I who created all things, I who give life to you, to whom will you come with? If not to Me you have no other to come with.

Keep in your mind that the everlasting life and your salvation are in my hands. If you want to be saved, come and get nigh with Me. If you want eternal life, come and call on to Me. Put your trust in Me because if you fail to do this thing, you have no salvation and eternal life. You have nowhere to go except tragedy and tribulation........

Keep in your mind that I Am the keeper of your life and your life is dependent on Me. Keep in your mind that if at first you are not with Me, there is a demon hovering around you to tempt you, this will be doubled if you place yourself in Me. If there were three demons with you at first, these will become more than ten once you placed yourself in Me because they will pull you away for you to be led astray of the way. Keep in your mind that I Am always with you, in the same way that all of you are with Me and all of you who will call on to Me in the right way I do hereby choose you from this world.

Where now is the devil in here?

19. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, great. Not another Paul-denier.

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

T-minus 10, 9, 8, 7, 6.......