1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does Jesus still speaks to people today as He did to Paul?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by longhino, May 4, 2012.

1. longhino

longhino New Member

That is so for the simple reason that Jesus and God did not teach it to the prophets, apostles, and disciples, etc.

Who is your "He" here, may we know?

See, Jesus is The Word of God and not the bible.

The Word is Jesus per se and not the bible, do you agree?

This one, too, is Jesus and not the bible, what do you say?

2. longhino

longhino New Member

Who were you then?

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know for sure what Jesus told me. So I guess you heard from some other spirit.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I gave you many scriptures teaching that the gospel is the word of God.

The "He" is you in that sentence.

The Bible is the written Word of God.

That is what I have been saying all along.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I read His words that He gave us via His disciples found in the Holy Bible.

"Remember the word that I (Jesus) said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me (Jesus) , they will also persecute you; if they have kept my (Jesus) saying, they will keep yours (Disciples) also. (John 15:20)

Now the Disciples themselves confirmed Paul as an apostle speaking on behalf of God.

"And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know [these things] before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness." ( Disciple Peter)

I don't know what voices your are hearing in your head, but if these voices are telling you anything contrary to what the Disciples have said then they are demons deceiving you and you need to pray God to cast them away from you. Surely you do not want to be seen as one of these Peter speaks of here - being led away with the error of the wicked.

6. longhino

longhino New Member

Why are you banking on guess when you can surely ask Jesus, can't you really tell us how, when, and what did Jesus talks to you?

7. longhino

longhino New Member

It is only in your head that the gospel or the bible is such, those verses actually deal with the words that God uttered, but not of the bible per se which you claim to be your so called "The Word of God."

Yes, I still maintain my statement that even the bible does not teach that the bible is "The Written Word of God."

That is what you are claiming while I still do say that the bible contains words that God uttered then and not all in the bible are words that God uttered in the past.

8. longhino

longhino New Member

You seem not to understand the question and it appears that you are just coming from the bible which is not God. A demon will pull us away from God, how can the One who teaches us today be a demon when all He is asking to us is to put all our trust in God and to always come and to call on to the Lord God in the reality of His own existence?

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Have you ever been a banned member from this group?

10. longhino

longhino New Member

I'm not sure, I just joined this forum, why?

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Do you feel unsure and confused about many things?

12. longhino

longhino New Member

No, with respect to salvation, eternal life, God, and Paradise, I am definitely sure that I learned those things from the LOrd Jesus Christ hence I'm at peace and assured.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You do not even know if you have ever been banned from this group before.

14. longhino

longhino New Member

I can't remember various sites where I was a member before.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Blasphemy! The bible is God's Word, one reads the bible - one hears from God. The Holy Spirit teaches HIs children this. If one does not have this understanding from the Spirit, then one has not God.

"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God." (John 8)

16. longhino

longhino New Member

You seem not to know again what blasphemy means, can you blaspheme a book?

To whom can we hear today God's Words? It is only from the Lord Jesus in the realm of His own existence that we can hear pure and genuine God's Words, what more can't you understand? Why do you equate the bible as God's words in that verse when it is very clear that the word "heareth" is used and NOT "readeth?" To whom shall we hear God's Words?

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "...... if they have kept my (Jesus) saying, they will keep yours (Disciples) also."

How are you keeping the Disciple's sayings? Do you hear them speaking to from heaven?

18. longhino

longhino New Member

How can we blaspheme things under the creation of God? Does the verse you quoted above says "He that is of God heareth the bible/scriptures?" When we hear God, we are hearing God's words because words that God will utter to us are simply God's words. Actually, you are just making your own doctrine based on your own understanding of what you read in the bible. God's per se in that verse above is not the bible per se.

19. longhino

longhino New Member

It is the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ that I keep today. And yes, I heard the Lord Jesus, not Paul nor Peter, by and through His own way of communication, and I learned spritual things from Him, too. Naturally, Paul and Peter cannot speak today but the Lord Jesus in the realm of His own existence, He is the One who can speak to us, don't you want to literally hear Jesus today in His own way of communicating with mankind?

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, you do not keep the Lord Jesus Christ's teaching when you reject the testimony of His own Dsciples. You preach another Jesus then the One found in the Bible.

Can you give a couple of examples of these spiritual things you have learned apart from the bible?