1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does Jesus still speaks to people today as He did to Paul?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by longhino, May 4, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Perhaps you need to read the Bible more thoroughly:

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Timothy was born of a Jewish mother. "The holy Scriptures" where the Old Testament Scriptures were the same scriptures that we have today called the Old Testament. The Dead Sea scrolls have proven this.

Peter confirmed that the writings of Paul were also "scriptures" (2 Pet. 3:15-17).

Paul claimed his writings were scriptures - 2 Thes. 2:15

Isaiah claimed that the disciples of Christ would complete the Biblical canon - Isa. 8:16-18 (Heb. 2:3-4,10-12).

John claimed to seal up all revelation - Rev. 22:18-19 with the only next revelation from God to be the revelation of Christ visibly coming from heaven (Isa. 8:18; Rev. 22:20-21).

2. longhino

longhino New Member

Where in here did Paul teach that the bible per se is "The Word of God?"

Our subject matter per se is the bible (OT + NT) and there is nothing here that clearly says the bible per se is "The Word of God."

Seems you did not understand what I said about what is not written about the bible per se, did you? I am very specific with what I am saying about the bible per se, there is nothing written in any passages where God and Jesus teach that it (bible per se) is "The Word of God."

#142 longhino, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I can also see that the nonsense you are parroting is heretical garbage. Sounds a little like the Word of Faith nonsense but even worse if that is possible.

If you are hearing voices check yourself into a psychiatric hospital!

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I know that the Jesus I worship is true deity, the God of the Bible, the one and only Creator, the second person of the triune Godhead, the one who rose from the dead, because of what he did on the cross. He accomplished all that he said he would do. He claimed to be God and verified it through his death and resurrection. His resurrection is verified by more than 500 witnesses, as well as much other historical sources.
    He himself commands us:
    Search the Scriptures; they testify of me.
    Ye do err not knowing the Scriptures neither the power of God.
    Study to show yourselves approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed but rightly dividing the word of truth.
    2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    --And there are many more.
    Christ is revealed in the Scripture, not outside of it.

The Gnostics claim to have a higher knowledge outside of the Bible. They are a cult and were around at the time of Jesus. Much of the first epistle of John was written to counter their error. John was an eye-witness of Christ and wrote about what he saw in the flesh.

1 John 1:1-2 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
    --John wrote to declare unto sceptics like yourself, that Jesus Christ was real. And he writes that we might have a written record of him.

In the last chapter he says this:
    1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
    --John wrote that you may know Christ. He wrote a record of Christ, his doctrine, his life, as did many of the other apostles. It was preserved by God for our learning.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
    --He refers back to the record that he has written; the evidence that he has given.
    --We don't know Christ apart from the Word of God.
    He has revealed those truths through the Word of God.
    We have no other reliable source.
    If you claim any other source, how do you know that source is not from demons?

5. longhino

longhino New Member

Do you believe there is God? If so, on what basis?

6. longhino

longhino New Member

I agree there were plenty of facts about God that He (God) revealed then to His prophets, disciples, apostles, followers, and were written down in scriptures/bible to serve as testimonies to Him (God). But this does not mean that we today will have to be confined in the limits and bounds of the bible in knowing God and the way to our salvation and eternal life. Why?

First, the Almighty Lord God is the forever Living Supreme God who is accessble to all in all ages at any time. He (God) is unseen at the moment but anyone can talk to Him (God), and in turn, He (God) can talk to him/her who seek Him (God) truly. We can physically feel God through His own ways and most importantly, we can truly know God by and through Himself in the realm of His existence.

Second, nowhere in the bible did God and Jesus teach that we have to use the scriptures or the bible to study and learn who, what, and how is God in the realm of His existence, how to get saved, and how to follow and obey His commandments to each and every one of us today, even yesterday and that of the times to come. Instead, the bible is clear cut in telling us to come to Jesus and learn from Him and for us to have life (eternal life).

I do not have any claim of that sort since I totally submit myself to the Lord Jesus Christ. Whatever the Lord Jesus will tell me to obey and not to obey in the bible, those or that will I obey and follow with all my heart and with all my soul. My knowledge is totally dependent on the knowledge imparted to me by the Lord and I will try not to overtake the Lord Jesus Christ in all aspects.

I am just a plain follower of Jesus Christ, not an Agnostic nor a cult member.

In what way do you call me skeptics? I am sure, without any iota of doubt, of what I am talking about Jesus that He is the Lord God, and like John, I can also say "Him that we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, whom we have sup and lived with, etc.," and we are living witnesses to the Lord today that He is real and alive and that He still speaks and reveals Himself to those who come to Him truly and in accordance with His will. He gave us testimonies to share to all, an excerpt like this;

I Am the Pastor. I Am the Good Pastor. Keep in your mind that there are no others who will teach you except Me. If ever that you will be explaining with each other, same will only be in accordance with your will, same will be in accordance with your own thinking. Hence, keep in your mind that whosoever will act being a pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away My post being the Good Pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away my post being the Good Pastor because you are only human beings, those of you who act as pastors, those of you who teach and standing up in front of many people, those of you who are doers of iniquities, those of you who cast out devils in My name. Keep in your mind that in My Second coming, many will call to Me saying, Lord, Lord, didn’t we do powerful works and in your name we cast out devils, we did healing. But keep in your mind, I will say to them, never at any time do I know you, I do not know you at any time, those of you who are habitual workers of iniquity, those of you who are casting out devils. Keep in your mind that if you cast out devils, you are snatching away the post which properly belongs to Me only. If there is anyone being possessed by demon that you may encounter, you should only pray to Me and in that manner I Am ready to hear your prayer and I will hear your every plea that you will whisper to Me, that you will shout, that you will pray to. I will help you and I will never forsake you at any time much more to those people who are with Me and who follow Me.

Did John tell us to put our trust on the record or to know the truth from the record? The actual essence of what John wrote is eternal life and he wanted us to know that this life is in Jesus, why do you have to focus on the written record as the main idea that John was driving on to the mind of the readers? And in John 5:40, Jesus said there that we can have this life if we go to him and in Matthew 11 Jesus said similar thing as in John 5. Do you not agree with what Jesus said in those two books of the gospel?

How do you know we have no other reliable source, how about the Lord God Jesus Christ himself who is alive forever, how do you look at Him today?

It is very easy to know if it is from the devil or not, the devil will pull us away from God while the one from God will point us only to One – to the Lord God the Almighty, The Lord God of all and His name is Jesus. The Lord further said to us;

Keep in your mind that I Am the keeper of your life and your life is dependent on Me. Keep in your mind that if at first you are not with Me, there is a demon hovering around you to tempt you, this will be doubled if you place yourself in Me. If there were three demons with you at first, these will become more than ten once you place yourself in Me because they will pull you away for you to be led astray of the way. Keep in your mind that I Am always with you, in the same way that all of you are with Me and all of you who will call on to Me in the right way I do hereby choose you from this world. I do hereby choose you to spread my Holy Word. Go ye and make all nations My followers and disciples and I Am baptizing you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

#146 longhino, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Before Jesus Christ, God existed in spirit form only. Except for the rare occasion when he appeared in a theophany it is well known that "if any one would see God he would die." God is spirit. No man can see God. No man can see God and live. Any claim now to see God would be delusional, and the one that you can actually see is not God but a demonic representation of God. For God is in heaven, not on earth.

You cannot "physically feel God through his own ways ...and through Himself in the realm of His existence." You are playing around with the occult. Experience does not trump the Word of God.
    We will stop right here. Yes there are plenty of Scriptures. I already gave you some. Why did you ignore them?

Search the Scriptures for they testify of me. Jesus said that.
    To the Pharisees he said, "You do err not knowing the Scriptures neither the power of God."
    --These two verses are sufficient enough. Jesus commanded us to search the Scriptures. Why isn't that enough? You say that "nowhere did God and Jesus teach that we have to use the Scriptures or the Bible to study and learn who, what and..."
    --You are wrong. The Scripture is sufficient. Jesus said so; the Bible elsewhere says so. Check 2Tim.3:16
    "The realm of his existence" Where do you get this metaphysical phrase from. It is just a religious phrase not in the Bible, but of your own making. The realm of God's existence is everywhere. He is omnipresent. You can find him anywhere. But we learn about him specifically in his word--the Bible.
    You are not submitted to Christ if you are not submitted to his word.
    You are not submitted to Christ if you make claims that are outside of his word.
    You are not submitted to Christ if you claim that Christ tells you to do things outside of the confines of the Bible.
    If Christ is speaking to you outside of the Bible, it is not Christ but demons.
    You can't follow Christ if you don't follow his Word and the commands that Christ has given in his Word. The commands of Christ are in his word, not outside of his word. Take heed to the command:

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
    If you were an actual follower of Christ you would accept His Word as true by faith, and follow Christ according to His word.
    Most of your posts are skeptical of the Bible. That makes you a skeptic.
    You are delusional. You have not seen Christ, heard Christ, handled him, etc. You did not see Christ who is seated at the right hand of the throne of glory. If you saw anyone it was a demonic caricature of something that you think looked liked Jesus.
    First, you don't know what Jesus looked like.
    You have never seen him, and the only pictures we have are from the vain imaginations of people who have never seen him. So you have no idea what Christ looks like. How would you recognize him?
    What evidence can you give me that this is not from a demon who is deceiving you?
    Again, what was the entire purpose of the gospel of John. Listen to it:

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
    --The entire book is written that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you might have life through his name. This is the theme verse of the Gospel of John, why it is written.
    Christ is not visible to us today. He gave us His Word. That is His revelation to us today. He lived, died, was buried, rose again, was seen of over 500 for a period of 40 days, ascended back into heaven, and will remain there until he comes again a second time for those that believe on him. He has given us this record and his plan for the ages in His Word, the Bible. He does not make himself visible in this day and age. If you claim to see him, you are not seeing him, you are seeing demonic apparitions.
    Paul said that Satan himself appears as an angel of light. He is very deceptive.
    Wherever you got this it is not all the word of God. It is truth mixed with error. Do you know what rat poison is? A handful of grain with less than a spoonful of Arsenic or poison. But the entire amount of grain is poisoned by that small amount of arsenic. Beware of what you are reading and doing.