1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Obama want Guns Removed from America?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Oct 10, 2015.

?
  1. Yes ....

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No way ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I agree that the public could be convinced to voluntarily surrender their guns ....

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Americans would never agree to the removal of guns or ending the Second Amendment ....

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. No opinion ....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Things are getting out of hand, and as a gun owner, I am concerned about my rights being removerd ..

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. I own guns, but all the killing is causing me great concern ....

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Omuslim, excuse me, Obama sites Australia and England as examples of the kind of gun laws America needs to adopt, does that mean mandating that all citizens surrender their guns? And would he ever see this drastic of gun control measures implemented in our country?

Sure he'd have to get the 2nd Amendment changed, but do you think that with continued murders by people with guns, that a majority of Americans may eventually decide the time to give up our right to bear arms has come?

And one more question: Could the government be secretly, covertly behind all these killings in order to sway public opinion? I ask this not because I am a conspiracy wing-nut, but because years ago, a prophet - at a revival meeting I was attending at college - proclaimed this would happen in the next fifty years. I never forgot this and how he proclaimed the government would arrange for these murders in order to sway public opinion enough to place such a proposition on the ballot and have it passed.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I would not - at this point anyway - agree with this, I will say that if it were found to be true I would not be at all surprised!!o_O

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ever hear of Operation Northwoods or Operation Gladio?

U.S. Military Wanted to Provoke War With Cuba

In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.

The plans were developed as ways to trick the American public and the international community into supporting a war to oust Cuba's then new leader, communist Fidel Castro.

America's top military brass even contemplated causing U.S. military casualties, writing: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," and, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

Details of the plans are described in Body of Secrets (Doubleday), a new book by investigative reporter James Bamford about the history of America's largest spy agency, the National Security Agency. However, the plans were not connected to the agency, he notes.

The plans had the written approval of all of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and were presented to President Kennedy's defense secretary, Robert McNamara, in March 1962. But they apparently were rejected by the civilian leadership and have gone undisclosed for nearly 40 years.

"These were Joint Chiefs of Staff documents. The reason these were held secret for so long is the Joint Chiefs never wanted to give these up because they were so embarrassing," Bamford told ABCNEWS.com.

Originally aired on BBC2 in 1992, 'Operation Gladio' reveals 'Gladio', the secret state-sponsored terror network operating in Europe.

This BBC series is about a far-right secret army, operated by the CIA and MI6 through NATO, which killed hundreds of innocent Europeans and attempted to blame the deaths on Baader Meinhof, Red Brigades and other left wing groups. Known as 'stay-behinds' these armies were given access to military equipment which was supposed to be used for sabotage after a Soviet invasion. Instead it was used in massacres across mainland Europe as part of a CIA Strategy of Tension. Gladio killing sprees in Belgium and Italy were carried out for the purpose of frightening the national political classes into adopting U.S. policies.

#3 poncho, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The left wing rhetorical product of their own personal pretended paranoia "The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" (which BTW is actually not a Right Wing "conspiracy" but an obvious "movement" to eliminate Marxism from our government) has backfired (pardon the pun) on them (the lefties) and caused a surge in private arms and ammo acquisition.

Oops.

HankD

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's REALLY the only reason you started this thread. Know that it's nowhere near as cute as you obviously thought it to be.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/terrorist-plots-helped-along-by-the-fbi.html?_r=0

Fake terror plots, paid informants: the tactics of FBI 'entrapment' questioned

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/nov/16/fbi-entrapment-fake-terror-plots

Why does the FBI Orchestrate Fake Terror Plots?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/why-does-the-fbi-orchestrate-fake-terror-plots/22175

#6 poncho, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  7. StFrancis

StFrancis Member

Others are claiming that owning guns is part of the American culture. But gun ownership became common in the 1900s which means that it is something that was adopted, out of pride. Now the USA has failed to control gun owners whereby we have for long experienced mass shootings which has resulted to the loss of lives. Obama needs to first ensure that all gun shops are closed down. That is when it will be easier to recall owned guns.

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You neither understand American History nor, I believe, the mentality of the average American firearm owner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1