1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the bible teach a great revival before the rapture?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Oct 27, 2006.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Put things in their context:

Revelation 14:6-8 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

The word gospel simply means "good news."
    Look again from the ASV:

Revelation 14:6-7 And I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, having eternal good tidings to proclaim unto them that dwell on the earth, and unto every nation and tribe and tongue and people; and he saith with a great voice, Fear God, and give him glory; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made the heaven and the earth and sea and fountains of waters.

It is a possibility that the angel is giving one last warning to those who have not heard the gospel before to Fear God--for his judgement is about to come. But it is doubtful. We already know from other Scripture that the whole world is deceived and made "to follow a lie" (i.e., that the Anti-christ is god), and therefore will worship him. The end is near. Bayblon is about to fall. The reason is given. God's full judgement and fury is about to be poured out on the entire earth.
    DHK

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The angel comes and gives this last warning message to the world in the form of the "everlasting gospel"

"Fear God and give glory to Him for the hour of His judgment HAS COME" -

(a reference to the time in which we live today - a reference to the message God is sending out to the world today)

But the fact that this proclamation of the ONE Gospel (Gal 1:6-11) is seen to go out with power and force of this Angel - does not mean that all the world will become Christian and repent of their sins. For we see that the NEXT message that follows is a warning against receiving the mark of the beast - and then that is followed by the announcement that Babylon is fallen.

So it is very apparent that world wide return to God -- is not what preceeds the 2nd coming.

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The "Angels" of Rev 2-3 are the "Angels of the 7 churches" showing us that these angels represent the messengers of God in those churches - not literal angels. While we can all admit that Angels do accompany these Gospel proclamations - who can not see that this is a Gospel message going out to the whole world!!??

in Christ,

Bob

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    There is no reason to apply everything you have concluded, to the general preaching of the Gospel since Jesus went away, to some day to return again.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't see any angel proclaiming a gospel throughout the world today.:praying:

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry, should have said, 'There is no reason NOT, to apply everything you have concluded, to the general preaching of the Gospel since Jesus went away, to some day to return again.'

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don't you see the Gospel being proclaimed today? Then you see the angel.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The People of John's day did not see the angels of the 7 churches - neither have we --

the point is that Angels represent messengers -

*By the way Sky Angel and 3ABN have been broadcasting from MID-Heaven -- literally -- this very message".:applause:

9. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

I wish someone would explain it to me, because I do not know.

I have been a Christian for 23 years and I am tired.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Football stadiums were already packed in the U.S for the Promise Keepers revivals -- That has come to pass. I attended one in Washington D.C at the same time another Stadium was filled in Atlanta and then we linked the two events on the big board at the Stadiums - for a joint worship song.

In Christ,

Bob