1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does The Bible Teach People To Have Homophobia?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by KobrinFamily, Sep 26, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

[SIZE=+0]That would be incorrect. It is not that the bible is teaching everything and anything to anyone it is that some change what it teaches to support their hearts. Your statements are not only in error but they are blasphemous at least the way they are stated.

If you go into the post office and see the pictures and names of people who are wanted by the government and see your own name and picture and you think those posters are solicitations for being hired by the government instead of being arrested the problem is not with the posters. It is with YOU! The poster is not teaching everything to anyone. It is teaching one thing and you because of a corrupted mind change its meaning to your own demise when you try and apply for the job. The same with the bible. Many will apply but few will be chosen.

The bible like the poster has one agenda. In the case of the bible it is to lead man to God and the way is straight and narrow. The confusion is not with the bible. The confusion is with the person using the bible. So it is improper to say that the bible can say "Bible teaches whatever any one wants it to teach." It is not the bible doing the teaching. It is the individual doing the teaching by corrupting what the bible teaches.
    [/SIZE]

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Paul Did NOT keep the law as God intended it to kept!

NO ONE except for jesus Christ

IF ANY could have, jesus would not have to die for my sins, as we could havecome to God by works of the Flesh, keeping His law...

NONE can, so jesus HAD to keep it for us, and die for us!

That IS the Bible!

3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be incorrect.

How'd I know u gonna say 'dat?

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is not about ability. It is about choice. I understand you not accepting what the scripture says but I do. Paul said:
    Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless

I believe him. The problem is that no one is justified by the law, not that it cannot be kept. Even when we keep the law we are not justified as there was no provision in the law to justify. Keeping the law does not mean we are not sinners. Men were sinners before there was a law given to break and where there is no law sin is not imputed.
    All sin is a choice. I also understand the need to claim that the law cannot be kept. It is because it gives those who hold that view for an excuse for their sin. What they are claiming is that God put such a load on mankind where it is impossible for him to measure up. What they are doing is blaming God for their responsibility to live as He commanded. However these are blinded by their claim as all their sin is a choice and they did not have to do any of it.

5. JesusFan

SAME Apostle paul clearly stated that the Law COULD NOT save anyone, since we are sinful flesh and weak/unable to keep it in way God meant!

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

No, the Bible doesn't teach us to be homophobic, politically correct society attempts to do such. So they've come up with a label for those who stand against this sinful lifestyle.

7. JesusFan

Think that we need to be careful to make sure that while we do preach to them the love of Christ, we must also keep upholding biblical stanrds of morality!

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I don't see any passage telling us to be careful for any group whatsoever, but instead to preach the Gospel. No group gets a pass, for all are lost. I'll pass on giving any sinner special privileges, but will instead preach the Gospel to all that are lost.

9. JesusFan

i agree with you on that, was just addressing the problem that at times we tend to 'excuse" that particular behavior from being really sinful, bowing down to PC and society pressure!

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I find it very sad because a woman I know online seemed to be a pretty solid Bible believing Christian - until her son came out a few months ago. She's now posting all sorts of "Liberal Christian" stuff and saying that Jesus didn't condemn homosexuals and neither should we - and that those who say that homosexuality is a sin has blood on their hands from all of the homosexual people who have committed suicide. I'm about ready to unfriend her because it's getting frustrating to read that stuff.

11. JesusFan

WE should NOT be condemning them due to their lifestyles, BUT DO need to inform them that they are in same boat ALL are before God sinners by nature, who need to have jesus become their Lord and Saviour!

This is where we in the Church miss the mark, I think!

Focus on that particular choice of lifestyles, as if THAT is what condemns someone befoeGod...

Being sinners by both birth and choice makes us guily and condemned, need to focus on the problem of SIN, period!

The Homosexual commiting their act of sin is in same boat I was beforr=e God saving me...

Mine sin practice area different then theirs, but same results, as spiritually dead, needing the grace of God!

#51 JesusFan, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
  12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I totally agree - it's a sin and we ALL have sinned. I've been accused online of being hateful and I tell them that I'm no better than a homosexual is at all - I'm just as much a sinner as they are! I think it's important for us to communicate that fact as well so I'm in full agreement with you.

The issue is when we decide to say that it's not a sin - and that we should be welcoming and affirming of homosexuality that I have a problem. For someone to say that because I say homosexuality is a sin that I'm hateful and I have blood on my hands, it's just wrong. As I've said, I've had a homosexual person living with us as she worked to escape that lifestyle. I have spoken to and been loving to many in the lifestyle and, much to the shock of everyone on a very secular board, I even helped a transgendered "father" (born a woman) buy medicine for his critically ill child. I think that speaks volumes about how I feel about those in the lifestyle. I love them and wish then salvation - and deliverance from what God says is wrong. I feel the same way about anyone else living and embracing a sinful lifestyle.

13. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

????

14. JesusFan

Also, they have to realise that God would apply SAME standards towards them regarding sexual affairs as he would single Christian, NO sexual relationship outside of the marriage covenant between a man and a woman!

IF we buckle under and accept the gay marriage as "equal, just different" then the Church will lose the spiritual authoritity to even discuss these matters!

15. mandym

mandym New Member

Homophobia is their word based on an agenda to demean those who oppose their perverted and sick lifestyle. It is a twist on facts.

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lable me!

I don't care what Sodom calls me. I will call sodomy what it is and will not go out of my way in an attempt to avoid being labeled. I will not invite it into my home, or allow it to live with me or my children.

On earth, all sins are not equal.

17. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

What bothers me most is the reaction and then following actions of Christians because of the word used in scripture...abomination. Christians tend to turn away because of that word. But how about it ladies...wear pants? Men do your wives wear pants? How about remarrying a spouse, or cheat someone (even in a game). Ever been froward? Ever been proud? Told a lie? Shed innocent blood? Think evil things? Be quick to get into mischief? Be a false witness? Ever sow discord?

ALL these things are abominations to God. God does not measure sin, it's sin....period. We're the ones that measure the sin and decide that that sin is too bad to associate with, while the deacon/butcher who puts his thumb on the scale to up his profit margin is just a good old boy, or our teenage son who lied about what time he got in last night gets a slap on the wrist and doesn't get to use the car next weekend. Yet, clearly, scripture calls both those things abominations. Why don't we kick that cheating butcher/deacon, who thinks nothing of cheating every customer who comes through the door or that teenage son who repeatedly lies to us so he won't be in constant trouble, out of our churches or out of our families?

Jesus came for SINNERS.. ALL SINNERS! He set the example for us to follow, to LOVE the sinner, to go to the sinner, to never stop trying to win the sinner. We're the ones who insist on slapping a title on their foreheads, much like Hester Prynne but instead of a scarlet A we slap on a huge H. (or in the case of my pastor he calls them queers...which is just wrong on so many levels.)

I'd think we'd be amazed at how many people in our churches have homosexuals in their families...sons, daughter, brothers, sisters,....who weigh heavily on their hearts but because of our judgmental attitudes towards the lifestyles they're afraid to say anything, ask for prayer...because they'll be ostracized by assocation. Let me assure you this is an absolute fact. We did a study in our ladies SS class (by request from someone who sent me an anonymous note) on whether or not homosexuals can go to heaven. As we went through the study they began sharing their stories. Of the 10 ladies in my class, 9 of them have someone in their family who is gay. Their hearts break each day for that father, son, nephew, cousin, brother. I think it's more important to teach these women how to love and speak to their loved ones...to share the love of Christ rather than slinging arrows and darts of shame, to turn them away rather than welcome them into the loving arms of family and then of Christ.

I always remember a phrase I heard...it always stuck with me. You can't tell a starving man about Christ when his belly is empty. Feed him first, then he will listen and accept. I think these people are starving....for love, for acceptance from their friends and family. Feed that first, then they begin to listen and accept. Jesus didn't beat Zaccheus over the head with how horrible he was, that he was a thief, cheat, liar. He looked at him with love and went to his house for lunch. That was all it took.

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No all sin is not equal. God does measure sin. That is why some sins carried the death penalty and some some did not. Also that is why scripture says;
    Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
    Also;
    And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes].

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of us sin, or at least I sin and like to think I am not alone. I grew up in a church so I know how to avoid the appearance of sin, like a whitewashed tomb, appearing clean and respectible on the outside.

I have only known one person who subsequently turned out to be a "closet homosexual" because when we visited him as he was dying of AIDS, he told us about his lifestyle. He was smart, hardworking, by all appearances a nice fellow. His death goes back a few years when it was acceptable to publically disavow homosexual behavior. Don't ask, don't tell was viewed as wise policy.

What burns my toast is the claim that the behavior is not sinful, i.e. denial enabled by the godless. We are all predisposed to sin, some in ways not easily concealed such as gluttony. But anyone with a "holier than though" attitude, that does not love the lost, that is not willing to take risks for the sake of those in need, should seek to become more Christ-like. Or so it seems to me.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

On earth, yes. But even the smallest of sins (in our eyes) will keep you out of heaven. If you break one commandment, you have broken them all.