1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the Holy Spirit have his own body, soul and spirit?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ron Arndt, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

According to Rev Dake of the now famous Dake Annotatated refernce bible the Holy Spirit has his own BODY, soul and spirit. Yet I looked really hard in Dake's bible and any bible for that matter and I am unable to find such a thing? I simply see that the Holy Spirit IS SPIRIT and dwells within believers, comes DOWN UPON individuals and is POURED OUT on individuals.

Does anyone know where Reverend Dake got this idea from?

2. Pete

Pete New Member

Oh no, not another one! :eek: [​IMG]

Sorry, by topic heading I thought it was going to be about Benny Hinn...

Wow, there is my new thing learnt for today, Hinn got it from Dake http://www.apologeticsindex.org/d47.html

Skimmed though article and I didn't see it mention where Dake got it from...hopefully where-ever it was he put it back there...

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ed [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I suggest you throw Dake's heresy in the trash.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Does Dake quote any Scripture to support his claim? I can't think of any Biblical support for this. I searched, briefly, two theology books on my shelf. I could find nothing directly addressing this question. It seems that the name "Holy Spirit" itself tells us the answer to the question. The Holy Spirit is a spirit and therefore has no physical form. Now He can certainly take a form (tongues of fire, dove, etc) but He has no physical form like Jesus Christ does.

Millard Erickson says that, "the Spirit is intangible and difficult to visualize".

I also think the KJV's use of the term "ghost" is misleading and causes confusion. The Holy Spirit is not a ghost (a disimbodied person). Rather the Holy Spirit is a spirit. We should not think of Him as a friendly ghost for He is not a ghost. However I think that is how many who hear the term "Holy Ghost" visualize Him. The correct translation is Holy Spirit.

Martin.

6. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

Remember the Holy Spirit came down to earth upon Jesus at his baptism, with a BODY as a dove. So there is one bodily example.Luke 3:22