1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the "Husband of Just 1 Wife" prohibit Divorced From Serving IN Leadership?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I think we all need to do this. :)

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay - whatever that means - but are you going to answer my ? from post # 39?

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

And I believe you change scripture to make your point, so your church can decide how to choose deacons and pastors based upon your position and other churches will do it the right way. ;)

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Skan - how about if instead of saying they change Scripture, they just interpret it incorrectly - :confused::tonofbricks:

5. Osage Bluestem

I agree with that document as well.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I agree, Bro. Luke, that David's sins were done away with at the cross as just like ours was.....I totally agree!! However, at the time David LIVED HERE ON THIS EARTH(emphassi only, Brother), all they had was the "blood of bulls and goats". They(just as David did), had to look to the cross, but the cross hadn't come yet. Each year, they had to have a sin offering, each and every year!! We don't have that now! Why? Because the blood of the Lamb has washed us clean. This didn't happen when David was alive.

I have shown you in Jeremiah 31, Hebrews 8 and 10, 2 Cor. 5:17, that when God forgives us, He also forgets, and they will never be brought before us ever again. When God saved me, He wiped my sins away, and I was made a new creature in Christ!! Praise His sweet name. Now, I am talking about someone who had been divorced/remarried before they came to Christ.

i am I AM's!!

Willis

7. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

The subject of divorce alone is touchy for many people, myself included.

As my wife was married before to an abusive man who did some major damage to her oldest child. We got together about a year after her divorce.

This is my first marriage and I am in church leadership and still take some heat because my wife is formerly divorced. I've been told I'm disqualified because I'm married to an adulteress before.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Tater I certainly sympathize with you and your wife, but adding to the sin does not make it better. So who told you that? Unless God tells you that ignore it, If He tells you that then you better listen. Does the Lord say anything about this?

Romans 7,8 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.
    So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
    1Cor 7 And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband:
    But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.

#48 freeatlast, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  9. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

Thats what I'm talking about with you!!!!! Whats your problem man?!?!?!?

THAT IS THE LAST TIME YOUR GOING TO INSULT MY WIFE YOU ARROGANT MORON !!!!!!!

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

tater you insult your wife by not obeying scripture. You are suppose to be the head pointing the way and claim to be a church leader and just look at you. You have no business in leadership because you are disqualified by your adultery and you have no business in leadership because you disqualify yourself by your actions through your words.

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, I am closing this thread right now and not allowing the personal attacks to only escalate. I was afaid someone holding to one view (in my 40+ years of pastoral experience it is the wrong view and complete misunderstanding of Scripture) would use this as an oppotunity to club a brother or sister.

I am disappointed but it was not unexpected.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.