1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the Lord KNOW What We Will Do Before We actually Do it?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 16, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Does He have exhaustive knowledge, and knows everything we will do say pray before it even enters our minds to actually do it?

2. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Yes
    Psalm 139:4 "Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether."

I John 3:20 "for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything"

omniscience means knowing all. If there is anything that God doesn't know, then he isn't omniscient.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but just wonder why some posters here "limited" God to not having full foreknowledge, almost open theists w/o saying such?

4. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Praise Him that He does! Otherwise, it would be down to us to make sure that we expressed our prayers correctly in every detail. Prayer is surely not an exercise in providing God with information which He wouldn't otherwise have!

5. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here I go putting words to the unlovely nut the truth is just that. So, you asked and the answer is quite simple. In the mid-eighties the Barna People did a survey of the Churches across America. To even take the survey your Pastor had to certify that you were anong the faithful. The 'faithful' were defined as attending no less than three services a week which I'm informed is and was about fifteen percent of a Church bodies membership. Of this group there were less than ten percent that fully believed the basic blocks of the Christian belief. Ten percent of that group translates to less than two percent of the church membership.

The survey was given in a double blind fashion so that the folks could feel free to be honest and the questions were of the nature of, "Do you believe Jesus was born of a virgin?" Another was, "Do you believe Jesus died for your sins?"

One lesson I took to heart, early on, is that we will know our brethren by their fruits and the fruit of at least 95% of the membership stinks. And the one statement that I receive the most flak over is that the Holy Spirit of God is my number one teacher. The absolute truth is that any saved man in indwelt with the Holy Spirit, that is why we are instructed not to quince the Spirit. These folks serve a god of their definition and that is an idol and they refuse to open their spiritual eyes and to see.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He wouldn't be omnipotent if he didn't.

7. Osage Bluestem

Yes he does.

Psalm 139:4 ESV
    4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.

8. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

Yes. He has known since the beginning.