1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does The New Testament Teach Irresistible Grace?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Martin, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Wes, that could be the scariest thing I have ever read.

<><
    IHS,
    cbc
    </font>[/QUOTE]Then prove me wrong!

Does grace save? If YES, can you explain exactly how it does that? If YES, can you cite the names of those who have been saved by it? If NO, then why do you continue to insist that it does what you claim it does.

Speak from your heart and your mind! I already know all the scriptures!

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Are you now adding yet another claim to grace? Is grace truly feminine?

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

And Grace is powerless to do works.

4. OCC

OCC Guest

Are you now adding yet another claim to grace? Is grace truly feminine? </font>[/QUOTE]Nope. It's called a sense of humour. Buy one. [​IMG]

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Faith is an INHERENT attribute of Man, every human born has the ability to have faith. Therefore faith is present in man from birth. I know of no infant that has not had faith in its mother! Trust if you prefer, but faith nonetheless.

Why then do you want scripture to support what is a KNOWN in nature?

I suppose if the topic were volcano's you'd want scripture to support it.

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Are you now adding yet another claim to grace? Is grace truly feminine? </font>[/QUOTE]Nope. It's called a sense of humour. Buy one. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]DITTO!

7. OCC

OCC Guest

I have one...that is why I can do this and feel secure in my manhood...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. here now

here now Member

Grace is powerless to do anything! It is the prevailing condition in which other actions or deeds take place. Grace remains grace regardless of what else is going on! </font>[/QUOTE]***********************************************

His Grace IS your salvation!

Otherwise you would know His WRATH!

Wes, you would do good to study THE WORD OF GOD.

9. OCC

OCC Guest

Let's pray the Word of God shouts at him. [​IMG] sorry Wes...couldn't resist.

10. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

It is while God is behaving toward man with GRACE that Man can hear the word of God and believe unto faith.

Grace itself is powerless to save, else ALL MANKIND would be saved because God behaves in accordance with his GRACE for ALL MANKIND! So if Grace saves, ALL mankind are saved!

Are all mankind saved? Yes, if they have faith, but because many do not have faith in God, they will not be saved, because GRACE is not what does the SAVING.

I Have studied my bible, the Word of God, You would do well to chuck your calvinist scripture list, and read and understand the WHOLE word of God!

If is obvious to me that you have swallowed the Calvinist dogma hook, line, and sinker.

Prove to me that Grace saves! You could win me over.

11. here now

here now Member

Wes says:

Prove to me that Grace saves! You could win me over.

If you are won over it will not be any man that gets the credit it will be only to the Glory of God.

I will respond to this "Prove to me that Grace saves!" later.

12. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Well then it's over, because God already has the glory for "winning me over". I look forward to your proof!

13. rc

rc New Member

Grace is feminine KJ.... I can prove it..

You are SAVED by GRACE through FAITH and THAT not of yourselves, IT is a GIFT of GOD.

The gift of God is What? ... Come on Wes.. you should know this now..

IT is a Gift.. It is neutral... so is THAT...

It refers to the Subject. What is the subject?
    That which AGREES with the neuter? Which is feminine? ...
    Drum role please....

GRACE AND FAITH... The gift is GRACE and FAITH. They are insperable. Sorry Wes. Sorry you won't rely on text but on philosophy. GRACE DOES SAVE. AND FAITH IS A GIFT...

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

you better duck RC...

i see a "YOU STUPID CALVIN" hit coming your way

:cool:

15. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello KJ.
    I shouldn't flaunt it KJ especially as you are waving a bunch of flowers around again.

john.

16. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    That is not a gentlemanly question Wes.

There is the feminine in God just as there is the masculine. There is no reason grace is not feminine.

John 19:17 Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). 18 Here they crucified him, and with him two others--one on each side and Jesus in the middle. 19 Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. It read: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20 Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek. 21 The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, "Do not write `The King of the Jews,' but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews." 22 Pilate answered, "What I have written, I have written." 23 When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom.
    And Grace is not powerless to do works.
    Get two and send one up to KJ. :cool:
    Faith? At a minute old? Helplessness is the word not faith. Faith grows, or otherwise, as helplessness recedes.
    Told yer didn't I Corry?
    Who knows what a babe in arms thinks? What is known in nature Wes? A volcano is not the mind of a child is it? Have you concluded then that since a child fresh out of his mum can have faith then they are at an accountable age then? You do believe in an age of accountabilty don't you?

For your information I have two daughters aged 16 + 18 and a son aged 7.
    John, Linda, Abigail, Ruth and Thomas Parsons makes five we know of. :cool: .

(Sorry webdog!) :cool:
    For it is by grace you have been saved... Eph 2:8

john.

17. OCC

OCC Guest

That's ok...on another site this really pompous dude would always write *kiss* but I ain't about to go that far...lol

18. OCC

OCC Guest

"Get two and send one up to KJ."

I already have one [​IMG] but if God should see fit to ordain an extra one...I will be happy to sell it to you.

19. here now

here now Member

Wes says:

Well then it's over, because God already has the glory for "winning me over".

So then you do believe that Grace Saves! Because if you don't then you have not been won over, according to Grace Saves.

Stick to the subject 'Grace Saves'. Context...Context...Context is king!

So is it over, do you believe that Grace Saves?