Does your church have a "music ministry"?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by SaggyWoman, Oct 6, 2014.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

What does your church do to "minister musically"?

Is it just the time during the worship service that music is going on, and the practice the band/choir takes to get prepared, or are there other things that help you minister musically?

2. Heda

Heda
    Expand Collapse

My church here in the Czech republic doesn't have any, there is just one organ player and people sing, but there is nothing organized really.. But when I studied in the U.S., there was a great music ministry and everything was prepared so well and I couldn't believe how organized everything was! That would never happen here in Czech!

3. Nichole44

Nichole44
    Expand Collapse

To minister musically in my church, we have a band, a praise and worship team, and we have a choir. Sometimes, we have worship music softly playing before service starts to set the atmosphere to welcome God's presence into the building. Also, we do have altar call and during that time, the band is playing softly and the praise team is singing softly as the pastor or one of the ministers is praying for the people at the altar.

4. R. L. Frame

R. L. Frame
    Expand Collapse

Not yet. I have volunteered to lead a choir. I have yet to broadcast that I am a choir director, though. I started our first practices up in November - to teach 1 or 2 Christmas songs with SABT. I hit a great opposition and was told that is not how they used to do it in their previous choir. O O

Apparently they all want to sing the melody, which tends to make the men sound like they have to pee really bad during the high notes and the women sound utterly depressed during the low notes.

So, I scratched the Christmas songs and we are going to start back the first week of the new year with "new" songs they have never heard so they can learn to trust me when I teach them harmony.