1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does your church hold Sunday School?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jan 20, 2015.

?
  1. We hold SS for all ages, including adults.

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. We only hold SS for grades K-5.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. We hold SS for grades K-8.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. We hold SS for all school aged children and teens.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. We hold SS for all school aged children, teens and college kids.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. We no longer hold any form of SS.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. We hold Vacation Bible School.

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  8. We hold summer camps for all ages (not adults).

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. I no longer attend our church SS programs.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. SS is out dated, and no benefit to the/our church.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was reading through the other OP on SS and couldn't help but wonder if the following pertains to your church .....

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have Sunday school for children through grade 6. The kids stay in the service with their parents through the music, announcements and pastoral prayer then are released. Infants and toddlers go to the nursery at the beginning of the service. From 7th grade on up, they are expected to stay in the service.

We also have Vacation Bible School at two of our three campuses and we have summer camps at our main campus (basketball, girl's worship dance, preschool) and we send boys and girls away to sleep away camps.

Instead of Sunday school for the adults, we have classes on Wednesday night as well as small home groups each week.

3. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I wish I had recognized that the poll was multiple choice.

My church has Sunday School every Sunday morning except for one, a special service in May called Homecoming, in which we start a little later, have a church-wide lunch, and then an all-day singing. Our Sunday School is for all ages which, given the makeup of the church, we currently have a Babies/Toddlers class (infant to 4 or 5 years old), an Intermediate class (ages 5-10), a Teens class (13-19) and an Adult class (18 and up). We don't require a church-goer to attend their set age-group class. I've been sitting in the adult class since I was 16.

We have Vacation Bible School every June. The class breakdown for it is similar to our Sunday School breakdown, but we have many more attendees, thanks to other churches joining us for VBS.

There is also a Wednesday night service in which our Pastor leads an adult Bible study in the church. The youth group and the teens class goes to the Fellowship building where they have Bible study and then youth choir practice.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I should have mentioned you had multiple selections available. But your responses were great, like Anns,. Thank you both!

5. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

We haven't been at the current church long enough to know if they have VBS, guess I will find out in a few months.

6. Gib

Gib Active Member

We have 11 Sunday School classes from pre-k to senior adults

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Currenlty we have about 15 attending church - 8 of which attend SS. All are adults, currently we have no children attending.

Lord willing that will soon change!

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

We've got over 400 classes. I stopped trying to keep up with them. I think over 80% of our folks are in and attending a SS class.

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

None of the above.

We have small groups during the week.

We have children's classes on Sunday. Both services. The same class repeated.

We have a Sunday morning class for middle school and for high school.

We have an occasional adult class on Sunday am for a three to six week period.

I wouldn't call any of it Sunday School.