1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Your Church Still Have a Weekly Bulletin?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 10, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of my need to be numerous churches for speaking engagements and book signings, I have been surprised that more and more churches have completely done away with the Sunday Morning bulletin!

I have asked the pastor what they do, and they are now sending out the weekly notices on emails.

Years ago, I suggested to my pastor that he considered doing this, or using a telephone service that allows the church to call everyone and hear a message from the church regarding not only the Sunday services, but everything else happening in the church, as well as special events.

The latter seemed to work out the best for our pastor, and I have to admit; I appreciate the weekly phone messages. They are more personal, even though they are recorded and sent to hundreds of members, and they do keep the member up to date with events at church. Most bulletins are not read, or at the least, tossed and easily forgot! Plus, this has got to be saving some larger and smaller churches a ton of money for printing and copier services. And you are saving a tree, or two. :wavey:

So what is your church doing to keep members in the loop! It would be great to hear your creative and innovative ways of keeping in contact with your base!

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not want to listen to a phone call - just for that one bit of info I want.

I want my weekly bulletin -

3. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

My church has never had a bulletin at all. Then again, we're a small church. My pastor usually gives a moment at the end of each service for any announcements or anything.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have bulletins and it has a space to write message notes as well. I don't use that because I have a dedicated notebook for church sermon notes but the bulletin is handy during the week to make sure I have all of the info for events and stuff.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We use a worship guide that includes ways to get connected, why we do what we do (church philosophy), and some basic announcements and info on finances. We also have a fill-in the blank piece that goes inside for notes.

On Friday mornings we send out a church wide email summarizing what's going on. Our website is the primary way we communicate all things with guests and members.

That's about it for for us.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I sort of wish we did, but we have gone to internet. Saves paper, and most are connected (it seems) by the internet.

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Monthly newsletter as well that is now emailed with a few still mailed old school with a stamp and envelope.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is impressive. I really think the church may be making good use of cyber space, etc., but they are losing the personal touch of sending contact material through the mail!

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like to take bulletins with me on visitation.

10. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps but people don't use mail like they used to.

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have a weekly bulletin that is handed out on Sunday morning. Also we have a weekly newsletter that is e-mailed to everyone. Also we have a church blog that is available to anyone on the net. There is news, comments, photos and everyone can listen to the sermons that have been preached going back about 6 years.

12. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We now have a monthly bulletin and daily e-mails. The daily e-mails get annoying.

13. Sminasian

Sminasian Member

Yes and i believe it is a total waste of money and resources.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    fully disagree