1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dog House Forum

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JonC, OR and myself are the only ones that use both sites still. You have 3.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    *****correction OR is not Calvinist, I also don't think JonC claims that title. So you have shown 1 Calvinist that uses both sites.

2. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean you got caught spinning and you are quitting now. What did you prove???? That I like Spurgeon????? You started a thread about the Calvinist's on this board going there and saying things about this board. A post by in the light shows I am the ONLY Calvinist here that uses both boards regularly. The only thing you showed on me was laughing at a Spurgeon video.

3. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Rob. I do think it OK to discuss fee points of BB members on the board. As I do with teachers, authors or bloggers. That is the point of forums. I also think it is equally as bad to call other names on this forum as I do there. Doesn't matter where it happens.

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. Like I said, I've been enjoying myself here. It's a shame it gets so adversarial.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where was the criteria for being disgusted by people dissing BB members on the D-O-G House contingent on them still posting here? I must have missed that.

Sorry, but according to Internet Theologian people do not get to define their beliefs. Observers can put labels on them as they see fit.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I first joined BB I was kind of put out at the acrimony showed over some subjects. But I also saw compassion and a desire by most to teach and/or to learn. Many people have been here for years and arguments go way back. Don't let it dissuade you from hanging out here. Besides, you don't seem like the type of person to wilt under pressure.

The D-O-G House issue has been festering in the background for months. Several BB members were aware of the malicious posts being made about BB on that board and said nothing. I was shocked at the stuff that was being said over there. DHK was singled out for some particularly nasty comments.

I think Internet Theologian's posting here provided the tipping point. He showed up and started stirring the pot. His post about FGT jarred my memory of another post very, very similar on DOG House, and at that point I figured IT was BB's own Preacher4Truth.

7. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The claim was my made the author of the OP in post #9 that...."Just know that people on this board were ridiculed, maligned, gossiped about etc by many of the Calvinists on this board."

Who are these many Calvinists???? I am the only one that uses both boards. JonC's beliefs don't fit perfectly with Calvin and OR is his own bird. Flies in his own direction and lacks much in common with Calvin. I am the only one that fits the "Calvinists from this board". I laughed at a Spurgeon video, as link posted by Rev. From another thread that was blocked from the DOG house, a thread was started, not by me, that addressed a conversation by me and Zaac on divorce. I seen it and recapped my belief and summoned up where I thought Zaac's view fell short(Zaac of course believes mine was lacking). I never mentioned Zaac by name, or called him a name. I discussed differences in view point.

8. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My biggest issue with this thread is that is was designed to stir up anger agaisnt "many of the Calvinists on this board." Claims are that many Calvinists on this board are there and ... "Just know that people on this board were ridiculed, maligned, gossiped about etc by many of the Calvinists on this board."

There is no "many Calvinists" on that board talking about this one. I am the ONLY that uses both. The statement of "many" is designed to promote a spirit of division amount this board. The vast majority of Calvinist that are active on this board, do not use the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever, dude, let it go.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is false you are not the only one. Jonc, blessedwife.... etc. Further there are those cals who you say does not use both (as if it matters) have have either used both in the past or still does today, either way are in fact current members of both boards. P4T who has registered here after being banned as Internet Theologian is another one.

So long as they are currently members of both boards and are over there doing what they do as has been evidenced clearly and without doubt here then people need to know. Further the exact people involved are shown clearly in previous posts. Everyone can see for themselves who has taken part in these posts. If someone has not taken part in those posts everyone can see it for themselves.Your spin is obvious the posts are there whether they claim to come to this board any more or not. That is pure spin.

The division is caused by the actions on the other board.

11. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

12. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BW hasn't posted there in a long time. She came back after this thread started to check things out. Even if you applied "Calvinist" to JonC, which may not be a fair statement. That would give you two active members. Your claim was "many", two is not many. Do you know P4T is on this site? Have you confirmed he is IT?

You claim is that "many Calvinists" on this board(BB). You have spun it to sound like the Majority of Calvinists on this board are over there making remarks about members from this board. The only Calvinist on this board that is active on the other one is me. The vast majority of Calvinist on this board are innocent of the charge agaisnt them. They aren't even members. If they are they don't participate, or just don't know they are the same person.

You can't say "many Calvinist" from this board. That isn't accurate and unfair to the Calvinist on this board

• Like Like x 1
  13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a list of current members of this board who took part in the garbage over there:

blessedwife318
    evangelist6589
    mccree79
    preacher4truth (aka Internet Theologian)
    Timotheos (aka Greek tim)
    convicted1
    rlbosley
    Thousand Hills

So yes that is many.

No I haven't that is your spin not mine. IN fact reformed just warned agaisnt attempting to spin it in this way.

14. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who uses both boards?
    Evan is banned from both boards.
    P4T is banned from this board.
    Greek Tim doesn't use this board anymore
    I am unaware of thousand hills being on DH.
    Bosley doesn't use this board.
    C1 doesn't use this board anymore
    BW just came back..... So I will give you two members.....
    Two members do not constitute many members of the BB Calvinist.

You are trying to point out sin by many Calvinists on this board. You can't place many many members of this board, that actually use that board. Banned or inactive members have no place in the argument since you are encouraging other how to interact with the "many Calvinists". So obviously you must be talking about active members. Why would you be talking about interaction with banned or inactive members. There is no interaction.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those are all current members of this board who took part in the threads that have been posted. The posts are their for everyone to see. End of story.

16. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But they do not use this board. 2 of them cannot use this board. Your statement of "many Calvinists" on the board is unfair to the Calvinists on this board.

I disagree with the way you are presenting this. Obviously, you disagree with my presentation on the issue as well.

I just don't want to non-cals to think that "many Calvinists" on this board are attacking them else where by name or their personality. That isn't the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you have enough to worry about with just concerning your self To this point your worry has been over the many but not on your personal participation in those threads. Maybe you need to show regret and repentance yourself first.

18. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and maybe you should show repentance and regret for you blanket statement agaisnt Calvinist on this board. Worry about yourself instead of the Calvinists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the YouTube video that Rev pointed out to me responding to. I believe I replied "hahaha that is hilarious"

Does that require repentance?????

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made no blanket statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.