1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dolphins facing extermination

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Nov 25, 2015.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems Mexico got some sort of ruling from some international court that prevents American tuna companies from advertising that American tuna is caught with sophisticated gear that allows dolphins to escape. So now consumers will not know which tuna is caught with old-fashioned nets and which tuna is not caught with old-fashioned nets, giving Mexican and Japanese companies impunity to pursue money and not worry about the extermination of a species.

Video:

http://www.dickmorris.com/dolphins-facing-extermination-dick-morris-tv-lunch-alert/

#1 church mouse guy, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Shoot. I thought you were talking about the Miami Dolphins. Being a life long Buffalo Bills fan (started watching their games when they still played at the old rock pile) I was looking forward to seeing the Dolphin's demise.

Go Bills! Squish The Fish!

It's probably safe to say that the majority of consumers aren't aware that "fish mislabeling is widespread" already . . . are ya ready for this?

Fish mislabeling widespread in U.S. and 84% of 'white tuna' is a species which causes distressing gastrointestinal side effects

Continue . . . http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ses-distressing-gastrointestinal-effects.html

In other fish news . . .

Updated: Genetically modified salmon wins FDA approval

And because the new product can be labeled as farmed Atlantic salmon without mention of the genetic modification, consumers may not know they’re eating it unless retailers explicitly refuse to buy it, he says. Target, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods have already said they won’t sell the AquAdvantage salmon.

Continue . . . http://news.sciencemag.org/policy/2015/11/genetically-modified-salmon-wins-fda-approval

Yep you guessed it I am in favor of labeling laws. I'm one of those strange birds on the fringe of society that believe I have a right to know what I'm eating. When in doubt grow it yourself.

#2 poncho, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because the Dallas Cowboys got QB Romo back and beat them last Sunday doesn't mean they're being exterminated.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would the world change if the Dolphins were exterminated? Probably not at all.