1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don’t ask don’t tell

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by stilllearning, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

On another forum, where I have recently been ministering, I have a thread about the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, that seems to be getting a lot of traction.....
    I.e. A lot of people, who just seem to have a “religion”, are learning about truly being born again.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Well, the Lord has wonderfully blessed, by giving me the exact Scriptures that respond to each question or challenge that seems to come up.

Well today, out of nowhere, someone has popped up and asked..........
    “I wonder if he belongs to that KJV only cult?”

This is like saying...........
    “I wonder if he’s a homosexual?”

Now since I haven’t said one word about the KJB, it is obvious, that this individual is simply trying to shut me up or derail the thread.
    Well, this brought something to mind.

Here at the BB, I have backed off from defending the KJB, because trying to convince people about the mistake that they are making by using multiple Bibles, is just like trying to convince a pentecostals that their version of tongues is unbibical.
    (It is an endless fight.)

So I no longer bring up my stand on the KJB, just as I have learned to leave the pentecostals to their error.
    This brought me to something else.

Think about the derogatory term, we KJB people are called..........
    “.....that KJV only cult?”

What is a “cult”?
    “A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.”

My only leader is Christ.

Now, those people how are deceived by the “tongues heresy” aren’t called a cult, but we are?
    My point is, I have learned, that when it comes to my online stand for the KJB, my new answer is going to be, “Don’t ask, don’t tell”.

If people are going to be using that, to somehow label me as being a member of “a cult”, this will put a stop to it.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Friend, I think you just did what you say you won't do.

You've slammed quite a few on here, that use other versions, that they, by implication are in error.

Does that make them a cult, too?

:1_grouphug:

3. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

You can come close because you're part of a fringe minority (very small minority) that holds to the teachings of various authoritarian frauds who have very little accurate knowledge of Theoloy, Biblical Studies and Church History. It's based on a bunch of wild assumptions.

I don't know that I'd call KJV-only a cult, but they fit some of the criteria.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The matter is simple...
    KJVO IS false. Your attack on other versions or those who use multiple versions such as I do is incorrect. You CANNOT prove differently.

Whether asked or not, the smell of KJVO would eventually work its way out.

However, I don't think KJVO is a cult; it's not organized into any sorta group. It's merely a number of people who believe the same incorrect doctrine.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Inflammatory thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.