1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Donald Trump Releases Plan to Make Mexico Pay for Border Wall

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they can't send money home, then Trump can't intercept and it and blackmail the Mexican government to pay for the wall.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good!

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Because this is really about keeping them from becoming citizens and being able to vote as Democrats.

If we really wanted to stop folks from coming over, there would be an onslaught of arrests being made of the folks who are hiring them. There isn't because the true motive is to just get rid of the brown people so that the US population doesn't become more brown and black as the white population decreases.

This is about political power and how to keep GOP numbers up in comparison to Democrat numbers.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, no one was talking skin color until you brought this up. Give that some thought.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeup, Don.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And? Just because the lot of you like to play dumb about the real reasons things are done doesn't mean I have to. Give that some thought.

I guess yall have to wait 50 years for the Lee Atwaters of the world to tell you what they were doing.:rolleyes:

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, there's a racist element to it; see my post in the duplicate thread in the Politics section. But we were arguing the merits of Trump's plan. YOU had to get all "Illuminati Margaret Sanger conspiracy to keep America white" about it....

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's wrong with a white America?

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Because I have sense enough to call a spade a spade. How do you argue the merits of his plan without addressing what the true purpose of his plan is?

Part of the problem with a lot of white people in this country is that folks are afraid to talk about racial prejudice and racism for what it is. The man has presented himself as a bigot so we might as address the fact that he and the folks who are mad with him ain't worried a bit about folks coming here from Mexico and taking jobs or using our services.

This, at it's core is about some angry white people being upset about the browning and blacking of America. THAT's why folks keep talking about taking THEIR country back.:rolleyes:

Trump has simply cut into that vein and the poisoned blood is seeping out for the rest of the world to see.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's funny how liberals always think they can read everyone's mind and find code words and intentions not expressed by anyone.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's equally funny how political conservatives think they are so smart that people can't see the trends in what they do. As I've said before, Lee Atwater exposed what everyone with good sense already knew.

So a lot of folks who call themselves conservatives, need to rightly call themselves political conservatives and rightly identify as the bigots that they are instead of hiding behind coded language sent out from the mother ship.:rolleyes:

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you forgot to use the "facetious" tag....

If you were serious, I would ask: What's wrong with a multi-colored America?

13. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is wrong with a multi-ethnic, multi-national America. We are a very enriched nation because resulting from the blending of these cultures.

By the way, which "white America" are you speaking of?

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing if there weren't white Americans who believed it their birthright to control everything and let in or out who they want.

There's just a certain segment of white America who believe it's THEIR country and no one else is welcome.

The GOP sees the demographic shift and are trying to devise all sorts of "Legal" ways (ala again, the Southern Strategy) to keep the demographic shift from grabbing power from them. They understand that as the country becomes more black and brown to the point that they become the majority, it will be more difficult for non-majority Whites to keep the same power structure.

And personally I think a lot of those same white people are scared out of their minds that the black and brown people will seize power and start exacting revenge on them.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He, like many don't really have a problem with that as long as white people still get to control everything.

[​IMG] Can't wait for this answer.

16. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I seriously doubt he will answer. Maybe he means New York City White Americ ... or maybe Yankee Bostonian White America. What do you think?

17. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know man, Aaron isn't exactly hiding behind any code.

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bump.

• Like Like x 1
  19. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother ... it takes "nuts" to recognize "nuts!" Only saying!? It is clear to me that you despise Trump. For your sake I hope he loses. For years of Trump may drive you to drink and a huge ulcer.

20. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

More remittances originate from the US than any other country. Here is a graph:
    [​IMG]

Blocking remittances to Mexico may not be the best tool available, but there no use saying it wouldn't work, or that they'd have to shut down the internet or whatever. Remittances to Iran and other countries have been in effect to years. It is definitely possible to apply pressure to Mexico in that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.