1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Donald Trump's Position on Releasing His Tax Returns?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, May 23, 2016.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I bet he does not release. I suspect that he is either not as wealthy as he claims or there are more Trump-University-like embarrassments hidden from the public.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should. He is not running for Chief Burger Flipper, after all.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And when it becomes routine to start asking candidates for the transcripts of their speeches to private events, she should release them. Until said time, there's no purpose in her doing what no one else is being asked to do.

On the other hand, candidates have already consistently been asked to release their tax returns.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Completely agree. But he's just arrogant enough to release them and they show that he's "only" worth 5 billion and he'd say something like "you really think I'd disclose ALL of my holdings?".

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This is when I think the Dems are on the right track with the Superdelegates. It's the perfect fail-safe to keep a Donald Trump from getting the party's nomination.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. I have already determined that he is the wrong guy. I am not voting for him. More bad info does not effect what I will do.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

affect ;)

For future reference.

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of who you plan to vote for, the fact that he is the presumptive nominee should be enough cause to be concerned about his reluctance.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not enough cause for concern. I do think though that there are plenty of people concerned because the want another excuse to tear him down. I do not feel a need to do that.

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I would hire someone, I made sure that I had all relevant information about that person's background as was prudent for the position. Due diligence. If the voters hire Trump, we deserve to know the state of his finances.

If there is cause to tear him down, as you write, then better to know before the election.

(Is this a substantive enough comment for you? ;) )

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. They're looking for ammunition. That is all.

Bet they won't show that he's made millions peddling his influence with the governemnt.

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You bet people are looking for ammunition.

Supposing his tax returns show his charitable giving is predominately to liberal causes--Greenpeace, Planned Parenthood, PETA, NARAL, NAACP, etc.

How are Trumpies going to shrug that off? In this scenario the man gave millions of his money to organizations diametrically opposed to conservatism.

Maybe Trumpies don't want to know this stuff because they want to live in denial.

• Like Like x 1
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't surprise me at all, but it would make no difference. I already know he's not a conservative and the rich sprinkle money on both sides of the aisle.

But...he's not Hillary Clinton...and that's sufficient for now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You guys still do not get it. He gave money to causes for both sides because he was working to gain favor of politicians who could help him make more money. Trying to tie him down to a conservative side or a liberal side as well as a Republican side or a Democrat side is in error and misses the real Donald Trump.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you guys don't get it. Charitable donations with personal money is vastly different than political contributions made from your corporation. Sure, rich people sprinkle money on both sides of the aisle, using their corporate resources, in an effort to curry favors. But personally donating money to charities incurs no political favors. How is Planned Parenthood going to be able to give anything to Trump quid pro quo?

If Trump is giving money to pro-choice charities and organizations then there goes your tenuous fingernail grip on reality that he would nominate pro-life justices to SCOTUS. For using his own personal money shows that this is what he truly believes in and supports.

Not being named Hillary Clinton means nothing if he would act and do as she would do, but he's been able to stealthily hide that fact.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no indication that he will act as we already know she does. You're going to have to come up with something big. Nibbling around the edges won't work.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it were to be shown that he donates thousands of dollars of his own money to pro-choice groups, that is only "nibbling around the edges?" No, that is a heart-felt sentiment, and a true indication of personal beliefs and character. A belief that he has taken action on. That would be a smoking gun.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No its not. It is an indication that he head no moral concern either way over the issue and supported that which would expediently gain him a more favorable situation in business.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the criticism of Trump and the lack of it for Hillary makes it look like some people who call themselves conservatives would rather have Hillary than Trump. Which is just odd to pick either one as a more favorable candidate.

20. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For someone who says that he does not favor Trump, you sure seem to defend him a lot.