1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don't Assume the Bible says nothing about Church

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ruiz, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

This is near and dear to my heart. What say you about these questions?

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

The question I have is why anybody assumes that the Bible says nothing about church.

Matthew 16 records that Jesus will build his church
    Matthew 18 records Jesus' instructions about church discipline
    Mark 3 relates Jesus' selection of the twelve, their ordinations, and Jesus' intention to send them out to preach. With the selection of the Twelve, Jesus established the first church.
    All the gospels describe the first Lord's Supper, which Paul described as an ordinance of the local church.

The book of Acts is replete with stories of how the church operated.

Paul wrote the church at Corinth about the right way to observe the Lord's Supper.
    Paul wrote the church at Corinth about excluding a member who was involved in an illicit relationship.

I'll stop here, but there is plenty more. I just don't understand why the author of the blog even raised the question.

3. mandym

mandym New Member

He indicated why he just did so in an inept way.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't know anyone who assumes the Bible is silent in the issue of the ecclesiology.

Though we can see there is a diversity of ecclesiological thought, some of the particulars about how the Church exists and is led are found across several traditions presented.