1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don't have time to pray? Let a computer do it for you!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by annsni, Mar 18, 2009.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my entire life:

http://informationageprayer.com/index.html

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is total insanity. Better yet, lets invent a robot that will visit the sick in the hospitals and the lost so we can sit at home.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, if the program has accepted Christ...I don't see the issue :)

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sure it's being worked on. Heard TBN was sponsoring it...

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Just as SN said, "That is total insanity" (TBN that is.)

6. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I think this is heartbreaking. It shows us just how desperate people are for God to hear them, to have a relationship with Him. They desire Gods love and comfort yet they think they have to work at it. This is just another example of why we must be a witness for Christ. It is a shame that a company like this could even exist and prey off these lost people searching for a genuine relationship with God. They need to be told about Jesus, and how they can have a personal relationship with Him. A million hours of prayer by a machine does not help them as much as just a few heartfelt words directly to Him would.

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

One should wonder if the prayers are heard by God when they are typed and logged by the user or said aloud by the machine...

Personally I pray silently, for the most part, during private times and wonder if all these years my prayers have been "unheard" by God.

So silly. So silly.

8. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another sad thing here is that, probably, the folks that run this site will get STINKIN' RICH! When you reject the one true God and His Word, you will fall for anything!

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Good perspective Steven. Looks to me that the Pharisees would have been happy with this technology, seeing as how Jesus condemned them for their repetitive prayers. :type:

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I certainly would not yet say, "Now, I've heard it all!" but this is definitely headed in that direction. :rolleyes:

Ed

11. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I looked over the site and have some questions:

1. Is this one computer, a group of computers, or a big server?
    2. Is there one speaker per computer or can the praying computer have more than one? Does more than one prayer at a time invalidate each other?
    2a. If I pray against John and John prays against me and the computer prays them at the same time does a cosmic shift occur and the rapture immediately take place? Or would it be an isolated rapture?
    3. Is my computer a Protestant computer or is it ecumenical? I'm not comfortable with my computer praying to Mary for someone else and then God for me?
    4. Are the computers grouped by belief? Is there a praying computer section for Catholics, one for Muslims, one for Protestants, and another for Baptists?
    5. Can I hear my computer pray for me or is this a faith-based thing where I have to believe that the computer prayed and keep paying for it to do so?
    6. Can I use this to pray the sinners prayer to make sure I'm going to Heaven?
    7. Are my prayers user specific? I mean if I have a problem specific to my life can I add text?
    8. Does the FBI listen to my prayers?
    9. Does the CIA listen to my prayers?
    10. Does God listen to these prayers? Can you prove it? If I pray for something and it is clear God hasn't heard can I get a refund?

Copyright 2009... This is an exclusive copyright on these questions...and hopefully my prayers if I choose to use the service.

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif] [/FONT][​IMG][FONT=verdana,sans-serif] [/FONT][​IMG][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]

Ed
    [/FONT]

13. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

God bless the name of the Lord. It is sad to see this. I thank God I can neel before him and give him the glory.Thank you for another day. God bless all of you. Thank you Jesus.

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

Unfortunately, I've heard that there is dissention...there is a WO (Windows Only) movement, and an MO (Mac Only) movement.

Seen on a bumper sticker: WO1985...if it ain't Windows, it ain't Prayer!

:D :D

15. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Buyer beware! I understand that the program will work only on computers that were pre-selected before they were made.

16. mattjtayl

mattjtayl New Member

Wow the Catholics would love that. If they had 20 Hail Mary's to say, they could just have the computer chant them for them while they are at work.

Maybe we don't need ministers anymore and can just program a computer to do all the work, why leave home? After all who has time for God anymore? Lets just be lazy and let a computer do all the work.

17. A2J

A2J New Member

:laugh: :thumbs:

18. queenbee

queenbee Member

Pure laziness! Talk about being disconnected from God!