1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dont Talk to Police

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Feb 17, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

At times I wonder if you can possibly get more deluded ITL. You're the one always telling everyone we're all helpless pawns.

I'm trying to give people a sense of empowerment here.

What's so wrong with educating people about their rights? Some people here thanked me.

But you and the corporate preacher man come out wearing God's mantle as if it were your's to wear and acting like I've committed an act of heresy because I posted a couple links to youtube on the proper way to deal with police.

Sheesh. Oh wait a minute, that's what's really irking you isn't it, people here actually thanked me for supplying them with some helpful info to empower themselves and it doesn't sit well with you, because you, the great insulter and the corporate preacher man haven't had any success in running me off or getting me banned. And now that you're starting to see others agree with me. You want to get rid of me so bad you can taste it! Gee golly wow man you and the "majority of a couple" here can't afford to let a "tea party" style revolution take root among you and your two or three authoritarian fake conservative friends that think they were born to rule the roost now can you?

You know what they say right? If at first you don't succeed give up why be hard headed. :laugh:

Hasta manana El Mono! :wavey:

#21 poncho, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL!! I am? Provide us with a link where I've said this.

You are? You're the one constantly calling us sheeple , constantly saying we're under the control of corporations, telling us there is no difference in the political parties, our banks are controlled by foreigners, our cops are torturers. HA HA, that's how you empower people? No, your idea of empowerment is legalized drugs so people can exercise their "right" to destroy their lives.

Committing heresy? Making things up in your head again, I see.

I know I'm not a helpless slave. I'm a blood bought child of God! I'm free! I'm asking you to quit telling us all that we're being controlled by boogie men.

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations. You know you've made it impossible to answer your post, don't you? You open with the loss of a child. In all sincerity I grieve with you. How do I answer you? If I tell you we lost two along the way it could be taken that I was minimizing your pain by making mine look more severe. If I fail to mention it I take the risk of being accused of bullying you. Do you really think i don't care what my family eats?

Our little guy will be four next month. He's a grandchild but we are raising him as our own. He eats what we eat. Most of the meat he has I harvested myself during the appointed deer season. Do you know how many people give me grief for deer hunting or owning a gun? We raise most of our vegetables in a plot shared with our Amish neighbors. We use wood ash and homemade soaps to keep the bugs of our produce. I'm sure someone will find fault with me buying canning jars or exposing my grandson to cow manure.

Did I mention how Connor came to live with us? My son is in the Army and was deployed. Anyone want to chime in about the brutality of an unjust war? His wife and newborn son were living with us. She tried to murder us in our sleep by setting the house on fire. Try spending 11 minutes trapped in a third floor bedroom while your house was being consumed by fire. Two state troopers rescued the baby, my wife, my oldest son and myself. Do you really think I have a low opinion of police officers? The DIL will be incarcerated for 12 more years. Should I have unresolved issues with courts and lawyers?

You assume because I don't agree with Poncho (and apparently you) that I do nothing about the environment, greed, corruption or whatever the latest topic. You could be no further from the truth but you'll just have to take my word for it.

My problem with all these posts is not so much the topic as it is the absence of God in them. Do you really think God doesn't know about our water, air and economy? Do you really think a dirt cop catches Him by surprise?

I had to go away for a minute and when I returned your following reply showed up:

Nobody said nor inferred those things. I thought you were above the hyperbole. I was mistaken.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Yep, I read that!

Which is why misinterpreting to try to make it fit just doesn't work at all - that was my point.

ITL, in your last post, you said you wanted Poncho to stop telling people we're being controlled.

I'm not trying to be mean with this - I'm just asking you why you said that. Why does it bother you? I ask because generally, people are only made uncomfortable by something when someone is either telling an outright lie about them personally, or when they have said something with some truth that the person doesn't want to accept.

From what I've seen, I think you might know there is a degree of truth in a lot of this. A lot of it may seem way over the top to you right now, and you're likely not used to being talked to the way you're being talked to and that's throwing you off. That aside...are there any things that have been being discussed that you concede are things that may merit some examination, to some degree?

IE do you have children or grandchildren that maybe you're saying "maybe I should start looking at the dyes and stuff in the snacks I buy these kids or try to buy stuff that doesn't have that stuff," or maybe now that the ACA is in place, you feel a little less loved by the powers that be now that you are seeing some of your friends struggling more?
    Maybe just by the discussions themselves, you will start noticing more things like the higher numbers of kids in your congregation with emotional disturbances, and start wondering why.

I'm not here to jump down people's throats. Yet. Give it a couple more years. HA! I do defend what I believe in. I do find it surprising that people do not know a lot of things. I find ignorance to be a way of control - if people don't know something, they ARE being controlled. I'm not using the word ignorance as a word meant to be a put down, just as a way to express a state of not knowing.

After some of the stuff my family has been through, I feel like I'd be doing the wrong thing if I stayed silent. If I know what I know and I do not share it with you, what kind of a person would that make me?

I've related some of those issues, mostly health, some otherwise, some I haven't related but will when I am able to do so. Why do you think that is? If you decide to read some labels and buy healthier products, drink cleaner water, and grow yourself an herb garden and not turn so fast to manufactured drugs that could cause dependency, you're going to help yourself.

Of course, you don't have to listen to me. Just like I don't have to spend my time talking to you. It's a choice, which I obviously don't mind. I just don't get why people react in such a hostile way so often, given my lovely demeanor 45% of the time... :saint: (actually, I think I'm nice more than that, lol)

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Apparently you only pop into these long discussions that take place over several weeks and threads to act out your authoritarian fantasies of being in charge of God's awesome power to use as your own personal whip to get us "upstarts" back in line to know that ITL and TND have been hacking on Gina for weeks now and using such classic literary devices as twisting her words to mean the opposite of what she's said, being rude and insulting, posting ridiculous oversized images like fourth grade school children outgrew doing in the third grade and generally making asses of themselves in front of everyone by doing it.

For some odd reason they seem to believe everyone reading these threads are to stupid or absorbed in their own miserable lives to notice how crude they are and how rough they've been treating her.

And now you chime in out of the smoky nether world to give us a prime example of the kind of people Isaiah was talking about in the bible. Bravo! Good show!

And why? Because there a few people beginning to agree with us instead of you big government authoritarians that have gotten over here for so long by pretending to be conservatives?

People here want to be informed and empowered. It's their birthright as citizens of this country and you aren't going to stop them from gaining it by jumping into discussions you haven't got a clue as to what's been said and acting like you speak with God's authority.

The absence of God in these discussions isn't what's really bugging you is it?. I believe more likely it's the perceived lack of sheep like obedience to the tyrannical authorities and their enablers like the great insulter and a few others here.

People are waking up and it scares you. You say I'm the fearful one here because I dare to speak out about things you won't or don't want to hear.

You all say freedom freedom freedom until the rubber hits the road then you side with those trying to take it away from us. People see this now.

No amount of huffing and puffing and crowing like a rooster and hijacking threads like you and ITL are doing now is going to change that.

#25 poncho, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Padre, it annoyed me that the scripture is misapplied. Not just annoyed. It went beyond that for me. Give me a minute to form the words in my mind.

You brought up topics we have been discussing, in the way of bringing them to people's attention. The ones I have been participating in were also brought up.

I have not brought them up as a way of fear mongering, but as a way of bringing the issues to light, though in one (or I think it was two of them listed) there is some fear because of situations that brought great fear and distress to our family.

Did we get through them? Yes. No, I do not live in fear. I do fear certain things. NEVER, as a believer, do I fear the things of G-d or that HE will fail us. That is the strength we have as believers, that is the hope we carry.

I felt like taking the "fear not" scripture and using it the way it was used made light of our obligation to stand against evil and the commandment in Genesis, first given to Adam, to care for our earth. That "fear not" part of my life? That can't be cheapened like that. That promise isn't about some cruddy corrupt police officer or man made thing. That's about my salvation, my Father, my promise, made to me, my fellow believers, it's HOPE that will never leave.

That's what that means to me. And given what you've been through and what you believe, what it means to you too.

And that is an everlasting type powerful thing that just resonates in my soul as I think about it. As I type this.

Do you understand what I mean? From what I've seen of you on this board, I know you get it, but I don't know if I'm relating it right. Just talking as I think so you're getting uncensored and unsorted me thoughts. LOL

7. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it really is the absence of God in these discussions that bugs me. You believe men should react out of fear of what other men may do to your life and liberty. I believe a blood-bought child of God should respond from a position of confidence in His power. That doesn't mean i don't care or don't respond to those things.

You've taken to calling me a corporate preacher. Could you define that so I know whether to be insulted or not.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.​

There is a time to come down on the side of wisdom.​

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

So, for these later day times I would agree with ponch, although I certainly don't throw out faith in God to protect me.​

Metaphorically speaking, it's a double barrel shotgun against the evil one.​

HankD​

9. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Interesting. Using your head, knowing how police work, how they hope you incriminate yourself, knowing how they may, can and will go against the constitution and freedoms we have at will is to be shunned. We get it. If a person refuses to talk, uses their head, then that person is unspiritual, paranoid, fears man, doesn't trust God.

That's a ridiculous, foolish and shallow indictment. :type:

10. preacher4truth

Bingo! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

But then again sense isn't common, and to some using sense isn't being Spiritual or trusting in God.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ohhhhhhh noooo....just made me spit out my coffee. :laugh:

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Offer them a box of donuts....they will thank you for it:smilewinkgrin:

13. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why would any Christian think that 20 years in prison, or less, is justice for a murderer who tried to kill her whole family?
    The fact that she wasn't executed is a horrible crime.
    No doubt she will attempt to re-enter her son's life at some point in his early adult years, bringing her Satanic influence with her.

No wonder our society is so evil.

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The spiritual aspect has been brought in, naturally, because this stuff is part of our lives, so it just threads in. People don't seem to like it though. Didn't get a response at all on the "Drugging of America" thread.
    It's there though.
    Check it out.

Frankenfoods thread: http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2086785&postcount=20

Drugging of America thread: http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2086648&postcount=45

Didn't totally related, but brought up the spiritual just to bring it up because it was cool in chemicals/brain development: http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2086814&postcount=9

Talking about marijuana: http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=2081021#post2081021

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because you are wrong. I'm not of this worldly system. My home is not on earth. I am a free man. No human entity controls me.

It bothers me because I grew up in a home listening to conspiracy theories. I've heard every stinking goofball cockamamie story about communism, the United Nations, jet contrails, flouridated water, sex education, vaccinations, subliminal advertising, the CFR, the Illuminati, the Bilderbergers, Bohemian Grove, poisonous food, the FDA's bias against the natural food industry, chemicals leeching from plastics, etc. etc. I bet I know more about this stuff than you and Poncho combined. It's 99% false.

It's 99% false.

No, I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing about it. It's not throwing me off, it's pissing me off.

The 1%.

I do have kids, two teenage boys. Maybe I've looked into it and found that it's based on faulty science. Most of this stuff is spouted by discredited scientists that go on to write books about why they have the truth and the rest of the world is wrong. (Sounds familiar...)

Don't assume that you have a monopoly on the truth. If you two would spend one-tenth the amount of time witnessing or studying the Bible as you do spouting off conspiracy theories you might actually effect change in the world. I can't recall a single post either of you have made outside the political and/or news forums. Do you ever talk about the Lord, or theology? I see that you are quick to criticize Padre, whose offense is trying to steer the conversation onto God. Shame on you!

Your personal experiences are not universal. And no, I'm not going to start making stuff up in my head.

I think over 50 years of hearing this crap WITH SCARCELY ANY OF IT COMING TRUE, is enough for me, but thank you very much anyway.

Yep, you and Poncho are being controlled by the conspiracy industry.

Speaking of family, here's a story for you. My mom is into natural foods, natural vitamins and minerals. You name it, she swears by it. Spends about $300 a month on a recurring auto-pay deduction from her credit card. I guarantee you I know more about this stuff than you do.

My Mom had a stroke in September 2012. I was there within 20 minutes and made her swallow two aspirins. The doctor said it probably saved her life. She was prescribed a statin and low dose aspirin to take daily to prevent further strokes. After two weeks she quit taking them. "I feel fine, nothing wrong with me. I'll take my vitamins, take my Garlique, put iodine under my tongue, take colloidal silver, and drink my oregano extract." My sister and I begged her to take the prescriptions. She refused. She had her second stroke a few months ago, on November 30th. Her neurosurgeon said it was entirely preventable had she stayed on her meds.

So I'm fed up with people telling me that double blind studies with placebos proving the efficacy of medicines are falsified and we should simply take the personal testimonies of the shills that populate the natural medicine world as the truth.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now I know that you don't read what other people post on BB. Padre lives off the land. He's an outdoorsman. I gather that he is as far from a big government authoritarian as can be. But don't let the truth keep you from starting up your repetitious tape-loop recording:

Ahhh,... you do not disappoint.

Says the guy that hijacks his own threads. And BTW, you're the one that huffs and puffs like a rooster.

WOLF!! LOOK EVERYONE, A WOLF!! And there's another one! And another one!

LOL!

17. preacher4truth

Poor Apostle Paul. He pleaded his Roman citizenship rights when arrested -- Acts 22:25.

Too bad some of you weren't there to tell him how unspiritual he was, that he wasn't trusting God, that he feared man, or that there was an absence of God in it all. :thumbs:

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

ITL, thanks for your response. Now your replies are starting to make sense.

My experiences may not be universal, but they are shared by many.

If you look at what I've said in the recent past, you'll see that I've never said to not use drugs from a pharmacy. I've said they are over-prescribed and given examples of such. I believe I even recently mentioned that I cycle off and onto prescriptions for my own needs. There's a balance to be had and over-use of anything, including water, is not good.

If these discussions bother you very much, that isn't healthy and perhaps you should consider walking away. It's just a click of the mouse. We've had too many people take discussions way too far in their personal lives. Everyone is free to walk away. If you are personally offended or hurt by anything I've said, tell me. Or tell me off. Put me on ignore. Whatever you gotta do. But there's no need to walk around angry about it.

19. thisnumbersdisconnected

:laugh: You give yourself way too much credit.

You've also said a lot more than you've claimed here. You've defended natural herbs -- specifically in marijuana discussions -- as being superior to pharmaceuticals, you've gone so far as to demean my statistical condemnations of marijuana use as disparaging "that which God has created."

No one, believe it or not, is angry with you about those views. Just disappointed that such views would be expressed by a Christian.

20. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

There's no need for dishonesty TND. Again.

Concerning emotions - you haven't been here long enough to know what's happened in the past with people on the board. It's never a bad idea to make sure you aren't going over someone's personal level...and that isn't going to be the same from person to person.