1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dont Talk to Police

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Feb 17, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The truth? What would you know about that? You can't even admit that making personal attacks on people already on your ignore list is wrong.

He told me himself his "church" is incorporated. That would make him a corporate preacher. He consistently takes sides with you authoritarians. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . Do you know what "padre" means in Spanish?

Have you read Matthew 23? This is Baptist Board not Catholic Board.

I do my best.

That statement is not exactly true. But I've come to expect that from you a master of twisting what others say to make yourself and your arguments appear credible.

But even if it were does that give you the right to try to shut conversations others are trying to have down just because you don't like what's being said?

Did I miss the meeting where you were elected chief Baptist Board censor?

You know what the ignore button is for. That much you have proven.

Listen up everyone this is what a man who is losing the infowar sounds like.

#41 poncho, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes....how is your search for the personal attacks I made on you coming? You said a week ago you were going to search and post them on BB. Well?

You are mirror talking again.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Posted em. They mysteriously disappeared.

I asked you some questions. Maybe in your rush to salvage your sagging credibility you missed them so I'll ask again.

What gives you the right to try to shut down conversations others are having just because you don't like what's being said?

When were you elected chief Baptist Board censor?

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I saw them and none of them were personal attacks. Must be a conspiracy to remove evidence that would support your claims. AGAIN.

To answer, let me quote an icon of BB:

So you want me to answer a question based on what you say when I don't even know what you say is true or not?

Prove what you are saying is true then maybe I'll be better able to give you an answer.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2087714&postcount=17

[Dang, this is easy.]

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Easy to do what insult the reader's intelligence again?

You come in here like a roaring lion and post what you have posted and think the people reading this are to stupid to figure out your motive for being here was to to shut down this discussion from the beginning?

My what a heady brew you must be drinking. :laugh:

I have more faith in the people reading these threads ITL. I believe they know you are guilty of making personal attacks on me while I was on your ignore list and also believe they know you are continuing to lie about it. That's good enough for me. I don't have to prove it over and over because you already did and continue to do so, every time you deny it.

#45 poncho, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same thing it means in Italian. Padre was a nickname given me by a fellow named Charlie. Charlie was a rough and tumble sort of guy who didn't give two hoots about the Lord. He ran an excavating business and did everything the hard way. He worked hard, drank hard and played hard. The first time we met Charlie called me Padre. In the 20 years I knew him I do not believe he ever called me anything else.

Before Charlie departed this earth he had come to know Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. I'd like to believe I played a part in his coming to Christ. One February I laid up under a manure spreader with him replacing an apron chain. With snow under us and a load of manure above, we drill and riveted and talked about Jesus. Now that might not mean a whole lot to you but it means a lot to me.

As for being a corporate preacher I derive no income from the church and answer to the elders. I left the house this morning at 5:30am to go to my paying job. That might not mean much to you either. It means a lot to my family.

I have concluded that nothing is gained participating in any of your threads. I don't need your sophmoric behavior to be part of my life. Baptist Board really is not all that important and neither is your little crusade.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

C'mon you aren't the only one that has had to work hard and roll in manure. I've done my share of it and I don't make a big about it. It's called life.

You know maybe you and ITL are right. Christians don't really need to know their rights and how to use them to protect themselves and their loved ones when dealing with people that are legally allowed to lie to us and are trained in tactics to get us to relinquish our rights.

What was I thinking?

I'm glad you and ITL showed up when you did to stamp out this crazy talk about becoming informed citizens. Really I am.

I've always heard preachers say we should "give unto Caesar" but I didn't know until now that it included bending over for him to. Thanks for clearing that up guys. I appreciate the sound advice and I'm sure everyone else reading this thread does to.

#47 poncho, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

I did not see anything that Ponch said that was not nice - but like I said - I did not see anything- period.!

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Settle down now Salt man. I got it from on high just this morning that being rude obnoxious and otherwise ooops I forgot already, let me pull up that screenshot to get the exact word . . .

"Harsh". That's it. Is completely acceptable behavior here. As well as posting oversized images in spite of the BB posting rules.

I got a nice collection of screenshots to prove it too!

Oh I forgot you can't see me unless someone uncloaks me with with the quote function.

#49 poncho, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

There how's that? Can ya see me now?

#50 poncho, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
  11. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is notable that CAIR, the largest and most active Muslim organization advises Muslims to not cooperate with police.

The same tactic was advocated by Joe Colombo, leader of one of the La Cosa Nostra families. He advised Italians never to cooperate.

I would point out that police officers, both on duty and off, save lives every day in the US. All you have to do is google it, but yet that is never posted on this forum. Also, countless murders go unsolved because witnesses in many neighborhoods refuse to help.

For sure, it is important to "Trust but Verify" when it comes to public officials.
    But as a newbie here, it strikes me that the agenda of some here is to sow distrust of all authority. Never cooperate and always believe the worst.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to BB, Lewis. I see it didn't take you very long to get the lay of the land, so to speak.

13. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you. Some things are pretty obvious aren't they.