1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dortian, not Calvinist

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by J.D., Apr 29, 2008.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Do You Think ?

I am not so sure that you non-Cals would agree with what I am about to submit regarding election.I think it summarizes some of the biblical teaching of this great doctrine .The following is from The Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter 3, sections 5&6 .

Those of mankind that are predestined unto life , God, before the foundation of the world was laid, according to His eternal and immutable purpose, and the secret counsel and good pleasure of His will, hath chosen , in Christ, unto everlasting glory, out of His mere free grace and love , without any foresight of faith , or good works , or perseverance in either of them, or any other thing in the creature, as conditions , or causes moving Him thereunto; and all to the praise of His glorious grace.
    As God hath appointed the elect unto glory, so hath He , by the eternal and most free purpose of His will, foreordained all the means thereunto. Wherefore , they who are elected , being fallen in Adam, are redeemed by Christ, are effectually called unto faith in Christ by His Spirit working in due season, are justified, adopted, sanctified, and kept by His power, through faith , unto salvation.

2. drfuss

drfuss New Member

drfuss: The above is false. Non-Calvinists put no boundries on God's Sovereignty. It seems that Calvinists do not think the Sovereign God will allow man to accept or reject His salvation which God has provided by His free grace. Non-Calvinists believe God is completely sovereign and allows man to accept or reject His free grace after God draws him and convicts him of sin. i.e. no boundaries.

Both believe God is completely sovereign. To imply otherwise is deception.