1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Bob Griffin His Profile says he likes judging others whats that all about?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Raulf7, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Rockfort

< And yes I truly feel judging others is a sin. >

Then why do you persist in the sin of judging others for the sin of judging others?

2. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

We are having a discussion. Its impossible to discuss this topic otherwise. If you want me to shut up, then say so please

3. Rockfort

< We are having a discussion. Its impossible to discuss this topic otherwise. >

So you sin by judging others for the sin of judging others, and you do this because "its impossible to discuss this topic otherwise?" Then discussing this topic must be a sin. Yet Jesus discussed it and He certainly did some judging (as a man in this world), but He never sinned. And Paul ordered the Corinthians to excommunicate the man who "had his father's wife" in I Cor. 5. Is that why he (Paul) was the "chief of sinners--" for his *judging* those like that man?

< If you want me to shut up, then say so please >

I definitely *would* say so if I wanted to see this thread end, but really I am finding the exchanges here interesting. Speak on as you choose, brother!

4. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

So you are saying that if telling some a sin, is a sin in telling them, that no one at all should speak about it?

If judging anothers sin, is a sin. How will anyone ever know?

How will anyone ever learn?

5. Rockfort

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raulf7:
    So you are saying that if telling some a sin, is a sin in telling them, that no one at all should speak about it?

If judging anothers sin, is a sin. How will anyone ever know?

How will anyone ever learn?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those questions should be for YOU to answer, bud. You run out like a town crier yelling "DON'T JUDGE!" saying it is sin to talk about another's sins, but having much to say about that particular sin you think you see in others.

That is a valid inquiry, "How will anyone ever learn?" If we talk about no one's sins-- except, of course, about the sin of talking about another's sins-- how WILL anyone learn?

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: Rockfort ]

6. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

I guess you to hang on to judging no matter the cost.

Oh well, I leave you to God.

God Bless

7. Rockfort

Now ain't that the sweetest, dandiest line anybody ever said?

8. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

No truly, I wish you well [​IMG]

9. Rockfort

What do you know? You topped your own line.

10. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

I was wishing you well in a friendly manner [​IMG]

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Raulf, I apologize, but one other thing occurred to me:

How do you explain that Jesus told a man "thou hast rightly judged"? (Luke 7:43)

A reconciliation must be made between Matthew 7, Luke 7, and John 7 (judge not, thou hast rightly judged, judge righteous judgement).

Until you do, this topic of judgement will never make sense.

Okay, I'll probably drop back in and read once in a while, but that's it for me.

12. John Wells

John Wells New Member

In reviewing this thread, it appears you gentlemen have been talking on a couple of different wavelengths. First of all, “judge” or “judging” in the context of the verses sited where we are to “judge not,” are referring to a finality of condemnation. True, we are never to do that. But we ARE admonished to “correct” a sinning believer. That’s not judging! Consider:

"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. (Mat 18:15-17 NIV)

If the sinning believer pays no attention, we are to “cut him/her off from our fellowship. Why, because “Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you really are.” (1 Cor 5:6b-7a NIV) Yeast is always used figuratively as sin. So we must always be on the lookout, especially within the body of Christ, to identify sin, correct it, or purge it so that it doesn’t contaminate the whole batch (body of Christ)! Consider:

So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. (Luke 17:3 NIV)

God bless and peace amongst you!

13. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

Righteous Judgement

That was Jesus talking to Pharisees who were ordained to judge.

A Pastor can judge for he is ordained by God to lead his Church and protect it.

As for layman, nope not at all. Imagine the state of a Church if everybody took judging as a licence?

It would be torn up in no time.

If I see someone sinning and go to him and say "Hey thats sin and wrong", then I am saying "Hey dont do that, be like me". I am exalting my own self righteousness.

You simply cant judge in any way, shape or form, without making an issue of your own self rigteousness. Thats the problem.

If someone sins against you personally of course its natural to judge.

But I wasnt talking about that

14. Rockfort

&lt; A Pastor can judge for he is ordained by God to lead his Church and protect it..
    As for layman, nope not at all. &gt;

So now you're going pope on this thing. Where do you get that pile of crud from? Show where any exemption from biblical principles exists for a pastor, bishop, elder....

15. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Raulf7,

In the recently released Barna Report, 57% of Baptists believe works play a part in salvation, 45% believe Jesus was not sinless, 34% believe Satan is real, and 51% believe Christians have a responsibility to witness to others. 66% consider the Bible inerrant.

I lovingly submit that your attitude of "mind your own business" is part of the problem and not part of the solution!

16. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

Well, I am not Baptist [​IMG]

17. DocCas

DocCas New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raulf7:
    Well, I am not Baptist [​IMG]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Then please restrict your posting to the NON BAPTIST portion of the board accourding to the rules you agreed to upon joining BaptistBoard.com.

18. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

Oh so I am not welcome?

Suit yourself