1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dr. Ergun Caner steps down as Brewton-Parker president

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bluefalcon, Jan 22, 2015.

1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's stunning to me that Christians would defend Caner and his actions, rather than loving him enough to call him to repent.

I won't go so far as to say he's not a brother in Christ, but his unrepentant sin would be enough to have him disfellowshipped from any Christian church.

It's tragic that his son committed suicide and we absolutely should pray for him and his family on that account, but it's no excuse.

I find it ironic that that the ones who defend him and his sin call us haters, when the Bible says that if you love a brother in Christ, you'll hold him accountable for his sin.

We don't call him to repent and we don't call for him to be disciplined because we hate him, but because we want him to be restored.

Those like "Rev"Mitchell who defend him are perfectly happy to let him remain in his sin, which is not loving.