1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. L. Rush Bush Goes Home to be with the Lord

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Bible-boy, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Tuesday evening, January 22, 2008, Dr. L. Russ Bush, SEBTS' Academic Vice President and Dean of the Faculty Emeritus, went home to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Dr. Bush was loved by us all at SEBTS, and by many others. God used him in a mighty way during his years of service to the Kingdom. We will be forever indebted to him. Please keep his wife and children in your prayers.

We rejoice that now he sees his Savior face to face, and we cherish the time that we had to serve along side of him.

Memorial Service: Sunday, January 27, 2008, at 3pm
    Location: Binkley Chapel on the campus of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
    Directions to Campus: http://www.sebts.edu/prospective_students/community/location.cfm

Gifts: In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that donations be made in memory of L. Russ Bush to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary for the L. Russ Bush Center for Faith and Culture.

Please mail any gifts to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Attn: Financial Development, PO Box 1889, Wake Forest, NC 27588-1889.

Gifts may also be made online at http://www.sebts.edu/Alumni/Giving/index.cfm.

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sad to hear that news. I remember when he was diagnosed with cancer several years ago. His family and the seminary are in my prayers.

A Legacy of Conviction and Courage By Dr. Albert Mohler

#2 Martin, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  3. Broadus

Broadus Member

I wonder if any book has had as much impact upon Southern Baptists as Bush & Nettles' Baptists and the Bible? Dr. Bush will be missed. I am grateful to God for Dr. Bush's life and work.

Bill