1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr Laura on the Governer

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Do I really care what Dr. Laura thinks? No.
    She thinks Palin should be an old woman, or seemingly, a man, someone without children, she bashed that fact she(Palin) has a mentaly ill child. Her problem seems to be with working parents, not Palin herself, yet she attacks Palin. I would assume Dr Laura is unfortunate enough not to have children, because that would make her a working mother, one her favorite people to bash. I've heard her many times on the radio while driving (in the past), she likes to belittle people, bash them because they aren't her, giving many times bad advice and information. Why would I care what her opinion of Palin is?
    A few of Dr. Laura's opinions
    http://www.fortunecity.com/bennyhills/curtin/784/laura.html
    http://tourettenowwhat.tripod.com/DrLauraTS.htm

#2 donnA, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  3. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Frankly, I agree with Dr. Laura. Thoughts very similiar to hers have been on my mind since last Friday.

I had to come to my own conclusion that this is a very imperfect world, and the only way I can wisely use my own vote and answer to God with a clear conscience is to vote Life: McCain-Palin. Dr. Laura is also voting for McCain-Palin despite her misgivings on the motherhood issue. Her reason for this is noted in the article and very compelling and worth noting.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Dr. Laura had an affair with a married man, and then lived with him for 8 yrs after she broke up his family, and was a working mother herself. She has no right to say anything about any other working mother.

5. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

I have no idea what direction Dr. Laura is coming from in her mind, but if she's coming from an attitude of repentance and having learned things from experience, and developed opinions from her experiences as a working mother, I believe she has the right to voice her opinions.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Shecan voice it, but why we should care I don't know. Especially when she bashes women who do exactly as she does. Seems she needs to start bashing her own self and her own lifestyle, of breaking up marriages, sex with married men, etc. Instead of bashing a working woman, whom she is also. And repentance? I don't think so, she's not a christian, non christians see they have nothing to repent of.

7. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

"Shecan voice it, but why we should care I don't know."

Well, I don't particularly care, but why do any of us express our opinions in this forum or anywhere else? And why do any of us read them?

She has a forum, Rush Limbaugh has a forum, newpaper columnists have forums....liberals, conservatives, people we love, people we love to hate...and again, we all have a forum here. Imagine how dull life would be without all of them!! :wavey:

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She's a Big Mouth Hypocrite!

I like Dr. Laura, but I don't agree with her on this issue. She worked all the way through the impressionable school years of her son. So she needs to remove the log from her eye, and than maybe her remarks will count for something of value.

Pastor Paul :type: