1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Ruckman's "advanced Revelation"

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by robycop3, Dec 23, 2004.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen.

HankD

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW Ed, did you take note of the differences in the different endings of 2 Timothy 3:15?

1611 ...diuiding the worde of trueth aright.
    1769 ...rightly dividing the word of truth.

Things that are different are not the same?

HankD

3. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    1611 ...diuiding the worde of trueth aright.
    1769 ...rightly dividing the word of truth.

Things that are different are not the same?

HankD
    --------------------------------------------------

Really Hank? Seems to me, those two verses say the same exact thing, only changing the order of the words. It is the same, NOT DIFFERENT, and unlike this:

God was manifest in the flesh - KJB

He was manifest in the flesh - mv

or

How thou art fallen from heaven, O Lucifer..KJB

How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star...mv

or

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. - KJB

Or

OMITTED.... - mv

etc., etc., etc.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome back michelle. I seem to remember a dialogue we had about "jots and "tittles". You and many others in the past have made several rants and thrown tantrums about differences and/or additions or deletions concerning single words in the past (passover" vs. "easter").

Including the "New Age" version of the KJV:

1611 KJV "...Thou art Christ...".
    1769 New Age Revision "...Thou art the Christ..."

But these differences are only magically transformed into non-differences for KJVO and KJVO wanabes.

Also you in the past have shouted to the world that the KJV is the "very" words of God.

Did He forget the "the" in Matthew 16:16 in 1611 only to remember it over 100 years later?

Or perhaps it is "advanced revelation"?

Or is adding/deleting words OK for the KJV but not the MVs?

HankD

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

1 Thessalonians chapter 2:

14 Whereunto he called you by our Gospel, to the obteining of the glorie of the Lord Iesus Christ. (KJV1611)

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the
    obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (KJV1769)

Does the 1769 edition make a false claim by referring to Jesus as "our" Lord, or was the 1611 version in error by referring to Jesus as a generic "the" Lord?

6. David J

David J New Member

The question:So lemme ask YOU...What is Dr. Ruckman's SCRIPTURAL basis for his teaching that Trib saints will hafta WORK for their salvation?

Revelation 12:17,14:12 would be a good place to start..Read II Timothy 2:15 for goodness sake(using God's true word:the KJV) and put it to use! Slmabo

Slambo are you that liberal? Do you rebel against the Word just to support Ruckman? When HAS SALVATION EVER BEEN BY WORKS?

(Gal 2:16) Knowe that a man is not iustified by the works of the Law, but by ye faith of Iesus Christ, euen we, I say, haue beleeued in Iesus Christ, that we might be iustified by the faith of Christ, and not by the workes of the Lawe, because that by the workes of the Lawe, no flesh shalbe iustified. -1611KJV

Tit 3:7 That we, being iustified by his grace, should be made heires according to the hope of eternall life. -1611 KJV

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saued vs, and called vs with an holy calling, not according to our workes, but according to his owne purpose and grace, which was giuen to vs through Christ Iesus before the world was, -1611KJV

(Eph 2:8) For by grace are ye saued through faith, and that not of your selues: it is the gift of God,-1611KJV

(Eph 2:9) Not of workes, least any man should boast himselfe.

AND....

(Mal 3:6) For I am the Lord: I change not, and ye sonnes of Iaakob are not consumed.-1611 KJV

Shall I continue Slambo? Do you line up with Rome and say that Salvation is by works? How does one keep salvation in the trib since it is worked for? The Word of the Most High destroys that liberal lie coming from the mouth of the heretic Ruckman.

Chew on that for a while then get back with me if you wish to defend the ramblings of a known heretic.

As for me I will stand on salvation is by Grace theough Faith and not of works.

AND PLEASE DON'T LET MITCHELL HI-JACK THIS THREAD.

Thanks all

7. Slambo

Slambo New Member

All of those verses are aimed @ the people Church age,not the trib..We are still in the Church age.
    Not the trib...

As will I....But the trib saints will not,SO:

PLEASE DONT LET DAVID J HIJACK WHATS LEFT OF THIS THREAD...

Chew on that a while!

8. michelle

michelle New Member

David J. go back to Hanks post just prior to mine. I was addressing comments in his post. Who hijacked the thread? Not me!

Second, I do not believe the trib. saints work for thier salvation. Salvation is not of works, but by the grace of God through FAITH. This we are on agreement on.

michelle

9. michelle

michelle New Member

Hank,

Christ means "the anointed one" so there is no need for the extra word "the" and is meaningless to argue over, and does not do anything to change the truth, as it does in the examples that I gave, along with MANY OTHERS I could give.

michelle

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your fruit would be the same and you would be a heretic--a false teacher.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread is wavering off-track and is well past the five page optional limit. It is therefore closed.