1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dream Team

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I know that it is way too early. But as a Republican, who would be your dream team for P and VP. As a Democrat who would your top two. Pick two people that you know would be certain winners. Mine are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though I am not quite sure of the order yet.

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

None of them are certain winners - unless the fix is already in.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Well give us your choice Daisy. I didnt ask you who you wanted. Who do you think would be certain to get elected? For example your choice may be Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Then I can't pick because the people I would pick cannot win. Why not? Because the Republican party is too busy chasing after compromisers like John McCain and Rudy Giuliani. As I have stated before I will never, and I repeat, never vote for either of those two. Rudy Giuliani is a liberal pretending to be a moderate/conservative and John McCain is simply dangerous (I still recall his explosion of anger on the Michael Reagan Talk Show back in '00). My top candidates would be Alan Keyes and Sam Brownback (either for P or VP, does not matter). However they could never get the nomination because the Republican party has abandoned all the Republican, conservative, small government ideals that it once stood for. All we have today is a power hungry donkey and a smelly elephant that wants to be a donkey.

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I don't think anyone is certain to be elected, least of all the ones I would choose..

#5 Daisy, Feb 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
  6. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I predict the candidate with the most campaign money will win. Although that person may be Gulianni, I will never vote for him --- he is a faker and haven't we learned our lessons from the last time why repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going for Robin Williams for P and Will Smith for VP.:cool::p

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Possibly, if no one else emerges. Macaca Allen would be my first choice if possible. Need to study Ron Paul.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You laugh, its a better choice than any named here.

10. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

You are all mising my point. I dont want to know who you would want. I want to know what team you think would be necessary for the republicans to keep the white house or the democrats to gain it. Since the war in Iraq seems to be the big issue, I chose Rudy for his handling of the situation on 9-11 and for his ability to pick up the moderates.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

OK, sorry, I misunderstood you. If it were my job to elect a Republican ticket in 2008, I would choose Newt Gingrich for President and Sam Brownback for Vice President. If it were my job to elect a Democratic ticket, I would choose Bill Richardson for President and Barak Obama for Vice President.

I really think people are going to get tired of Hillary's screeching before the primaries start. Edwards does not walk the walk. He talks of two Americas and lives in a multi million dollar house off of law suits. McCain is ruined because of flip flopping from maverick to Bush supporter on the war. Romney is ruined because of flip flopping on abortion, etc. and Guiiani has very little moral compass.

The names above in no way are who I think would steer this country in the right direction. Sorry I misunderstood you.

12. johnk48

johnk48 New Member

With the mass moral confusion taking place within the Church I'm not sure a solid Christian conservative could win. Reading posts by those claiming to be Christian but seem to be solidly in the liberal camp further convinces me that moral confusion is in epidemic proportions in the Church today.
    I would like to see Newt Gingrich as President at this time, but I'm praying someone like John Thune of S.D. would run and wish he had more experience.
    Gringrich for President and Thune for Vice P.

13. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Screeching? Can you be a little more sexist?

If you've ever listened to her talk, you'd know she has a nice, calm speaking voice. If you don't like her, get her on her real faults instead of made up things.

#13 Daisy, Feb 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2007
  14. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Saturn likes to try to get under my skin for some reason. I dont know why, but I have to agree with him here. Listening to Hillary is like listening to someone take a piece of glass and scrape it along a chalkboard. I like his Richarson and Obama ticket. That is a winner. Richardson, although I dont agree, is a reasonable voice in a sea of histrionic, vitriolic, over the top democrats.

15. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

What a hypocritical posting! You start by bemoaning the "moral confusion" and then end by endorsing Gingrich. I believe, if you check the facts, you will find it difficult to call Gingrich moral considering his marital problems and whore mongering.