1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dream?

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by convicted1, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I was talking with my mom a while back, and we discussing the doctrine of the "Millienial(sp?) Rein" and why we didn't agree with it. Mom told me she was watching the Discovery channel one evening and they were talking about different religions, and such. She said that a girl, approx 16 or so, had a dream that Jesus came back twice to get His children. Some of the people of this church took the dream and came up with this doctrine. I know that TV is not an adaquate place to gather knowledge, but has anyone else ever saw this or heard this? I am not trying to start a thread about the for/against in this belief, just wandering if anyone else heard this. If they have, where can I find it? Thanks and may God bless!!

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. abonmarche'

abonmarche' New Member

Dream

Does this mean the [story of attributing of the pre-Tribulation rapture idea] and [doctrine of the "Millienial(sp?) Rein"] nullify what King David wrote in the Bible. Also, the Bible is the Holy Word of God, is that what Baptist teach? Let me quote God's word on this matter: Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament that King David wrote as a preacher in verse one, as well as now knowing who is talking God's Words. We now turn to Ecclesiastes 1:11 Ther is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any rememberance of things that are to come with those that shall come after. Means: at the last trumphet we all, just and unjust shall rise together for the judgement. Also: Eccl 5:15 As he came forth of his mothers womb, naked shall he return to go as he came, and shall take nothing of his labour, which he may carry away in his hand. Plus: we have Eccl 5:20 reads: For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answreth him in the Joy of his Heart. What? We tell folks we will know this and that at death--I do not think so and escape judgement? Heb5:5. Bye.

#3 abonmarche', Feb 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2007
  4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not the proper forum to debate eschatology.

I think Bro. Vaughn has probably provided the information that was sought, and I would ask that respondents keep to the subject and not debate various views of the millennial reign.

Thank you.

rsr

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

RE: Dream

rsr,

Thank you. The main intent of my post was to find out if/who had heard about this dream. I was not trying to start a for/against, as you can see I stated in my original. I mean no one any harm, or criticize anyone's belief. I have my opinion, they have theirs, and we are all entitled to each. Thanks again. May God bless all is my humble prayer!!

6. abonmarche'

abonmarche' New Member

{{She said that a girl, approx 16 or so, had a dream that Jesus came back twice to get His children. Some of the people of this church took the dream and came up with this doctrine.}}

Hello rsr: {{This is not the proper forum to debate eschatology. }}
    Excuse me (rsr) I read no rules of this forum that DEATH was not an issue? Is not this thing called rapture called death of man's flesh? As well as the story written by the author about death of human flesh?
    In an example: that Christ came back twice? Where is it in scripture?
    All my postings are warnings to folks reading this stuff of fantasy as well as it becomes a religious movement.
    {{this church took the dream and came up with this doctrine.}} per a posting on the board.
    All of this sounds like a Television Show of an authors story of a this girl to weaken the salt of the believers--am I being reviled? Matt 5:11 and Matt 5:13 YOU are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost YOUR savor, wherewith shall it be salted? it is therefore good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. This is what God says--being death. Can you imagine--dream if you wish to be trodden to death? Is that not a subject matter called Eschatology= the study of death or its doctrines. Did not God say sin is death? Maybe I missed it? Please enlighten me! thanks Bye.

7. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    This forum is to discuss history, not the merits of doctrinal positions. It has always been thus and will remain so.

Since the question seems to have been answered, the thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.