1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dreams

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Deborah B., Oct 11, 2004.

1. mioque

mioque New Member

Deborah
    "All I know is that my dreams have never been like this before, as frequent."
    "
    It is possible that your dreams haven't changed as much as you think and that it simply your ability to remember them that has grown. When it comes to the frequency (as opposed to the content) of your dreams this especially likely to be the case.

"do you think <Satan> could plant "thoughts" in your mind?"
    "
    Most of the excorcisms performed each year by the RCC are aimed at removing obsessive evil thoughts from people's minds as opposed to casting out evil spirits.

James Newman
    "TV is used to make us covet. We covet women, we covet cars"
    "
    That is one reason why I don't own a tv. However even if I had one I'm certain covet neither women nor cars.

blackbird
    I've never had I didn't do my homework so now I'm going to mess up my turnpaper dreams. I do have a recurring dream where I sneak around the churchbuilding naked trying to avoid the elders who want to discuss something of importance with me.

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Once in a while I'll have a bad dream along that line, thinking about some school paper due I haven't prepared and then I wake up and realize I've graduated long ago . . . .

I just shrug it off as harmless, and if the Lord is trying to tell me something, I pray, please make it a little more clear!

3. Ellkaybee

Ellkaybee New Member

An excellent suggestion! Also, Deborah, I was thinking that perhaps you could do some reading in one of the short devotional booklets (Days of Praise, etc.) that are so readily available. Oftentimes, whatever strongly impacts our minds, will definitely impact us in our sleep, for better or for worse.

4. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've had plenty of weird dreams but luckily, not often. In fact, my dreams usually don't make any sense whatsoever!

Hang in there, Deborah B. You're doing very well as a baby Christian. The Lord will bless your efforts.

PJ [​IMG]

5. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

As for asking Jesus to take away dreams, He can and has done that. Sometimes He doesn't. I had a lot of drinking (alcohol) dreams and because they made me feel hungover upon awaking, I asked the Lord to take them away. For a while, all was well but the drinking dreams came back. I was a bit peturbed until I realized that perhaps the Lord wants me to feel lousy in the morning to serve only as a loving REMINDER of what I used to be years ago, but thanks be to God, no more. [​IMG]

6. Brother Tim

Brother Tim New Member

Speaking of those "back in school dreams", I had one once that I felt was so awesome! Here's what happened;

I was back in school and the teacher was ragging on me and ticking me off. I said: "Oh yeah! well watch this!" and I woke up. I was so happy when I woke up, I got the last word!

I believe that most dreams are based on what troubles you at the moment and that by thinking-and praying about them can be helpful. I think that a "Back in school" dream may be a personal concern that you are in a situation that you feel-perhaps subconsciously- are not prepared to deal with. Therefore you dream of school, a training environment. Another attribute of school is being controled by others in authority, a boss perhaps is asking of you to take on more than you may think you can handle.

With such dreams, you can think about what's going on in your life and devote thought and prayer. Maybe if you're having recuring dreams about school, you need to knuckle down and study or practice your job or something. Recuring dreams I believe are indicative of some personal struggle going on. Rember, when we get saved, that dosen't mean our problems just go away. I'm no expert and offer only opinions.

I've had dreams about beibg back in the military for years after getting out. Personally, at times I regretted not reenlisting. When I got out of high school, I had intended to make a career in the Army. I reenlisted once and when it came time for another hitch, I struggled with myself. At 24, I wanted to do something else, and I also wanted to reenlist. When I finally made my decision to leave the Army, I stuck to it.
    I had Army dreams for years though, and sometimes at work I'd wonder if I did the right thing.
    As the years went by, the Army dreams would have a deminishing Army-ness to them. I'd be back in the Army, but wouldn't be wearing a uniform or watching soldiers at work but not having to do anything myself.
    I rember one in particular, I had went back in the Army and was doing the stuff they make recruits do, stand in line and get equipment issued to you. I started talking to the drill sergeant and he said something like " Oh, you've done this already, you don't have to do all this." Later I was in civilian clothes and going somewhere. The impression was that these young recruits can do all the work, you don't need to be here. It's been a while since I had an Army dream. It's also been a while since I thought about the military.

I don't know if Satan is invading your mind when you sleep, though it is possable. God won't let you be tempted beyond your ability to resist. We must trust God, and there's nothing that says that will be easy, but it is worth it.