1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dress code in church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Again, must insults accompany every remark?

I was speaking of the attitude, not the location. That is the point. Worship is less about the outward environment and more about the heart. That being said, I'm not going to enable such behavior by carrying on a conversation any further. I'm recommending you to be banned from the site for at least 10 days because of the many reports and because of the attitude to which you have addressed me here. I hope things are better in the future. I wish you all the best.

2. Grace&Truth

Grace&Truth New Member

Your right this is not a doctrinal point....as a matter of fact God does care about what we do, what we wear, where we go and how we act, as well as, our heart attitute, It is true it begins in the heart, but if the heart is right so will the outward, you cannot separate the two. But that is not what you said in your previous post:

Originally Posted by Skandelon
    When will we learn that God looks at the heart of the worshipper, not the instruments, attire, style or outward things?

This was worded in such a way as to say that it was in fact a doctrinal point, notice: "When will we ever learn" God looks at the heart "NOT" the outward things.

Statements like this are very unbiblical and has become one of those sayings that deceive and cause unbiblical philosphies....Thanks for your clarification!

3. Grace&Truth

Grace&Truth New Member

If we are reverant in heart our outward appearance will show it. That is why we are always challenged to walk the talk....we can say whatever we want but do we prove (or back that up) by our outward walk.

Also, what verse says "David danced naked?"

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    II Sam 6. David was clothed with a flax "top" (think small vest, with midriff bare) usually worn by the high priest over his long robe.

David was noted for wearing this top (not the rest of the garments). I think he probably had BVD's of Fruit of the Loom on, but we are not told.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.