1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dressing up for church

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Emily, Jan 22, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

What if you took that extra money and used it to feed the poor, care for orphans and widows, support missionaries, send Bibles to prisons and foreign countries? Sounds to me like we're looking at the outward man or woman again and not only is that against scripture but not very Christ like.

Thoughts before I leave for church in my blue jeans, turtle neck and sweater? (I'll be on the floor with about 17 three and four year olds. BTW... the moms of the bus kids come and pick these kids up. They come in sweat pants, jeans and clothing that probably comes from a resale shop or yard sales. By my not being dressed in fancy clothes, they can feel comfortable with me.

Diane

2. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

You wear a dress? :eek: </font>[/QUOTE]No, it is forbidden to wear clothing of the oppisite sex in scripture.

3. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

And now we see evidences of your shaded past.</font>[/QUOTE]And what right do you have to judge a man according to his deeds before he was a new creature in Christ?

4. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

No problem Diane. The Catholic ladies of Spain wore veils similar to the ones you are talking about in church up until the seventies. I have heard that in Italy some of the Catholic churches still require the veil like the one you mentioned and have signs at the door stating that. </font>[/QUOTE]Before Vatican II all Catholic women were required to viel their head in services.

5. Headcoveredlady

Headcoveredlady New Member

No problem Diane. The Catholic ladies of Spain wore veils similar to the ones you are talking about in church up until the seventies. I have heard that in Italy some of the Catholic churches still require the veil like the one you mentioned and have signs at the door stating that. </font>[/QUOTE]Before Vatican II all Catholic women were required to viel their head in services. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, many think that this was a fashion statement, but it seemed to coincide with the rise of feminism in both the Catholic Institution and the Church.

6. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

QUOTE]Yes, many think that this was a fashion statement, but it seemed to coincide with the rise of feminism in both the Catholic Institution and the Church. [/QUOTE]

Yes, I find it funny that feminism took a rise in the 50's, and this is the same era that the headcovering began disappearing from many churches.

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

And now we see evidences of your shaded past.</font>[/QUOTE]And what right do you have to judge a man according to his deeds before he was a new creature in Christ? </font>[/QUOTE]Who said I did? You? What a laugh!
    I have a shaded past as well, care to go thru it with me, I can tell you exactly where and when God saved me! I wasn't judging him weiderphooten, all I did was show we are from the same past. [​IMG]

8. Headcoveredlady

Headcoveredlady New Member

Yes, I find it funny that feminism took a rise in the 50's, and this is the same era that the headcovering began disappearing from many churches. [/QUOTE]

I noticed this also from my studies as well.

9. Elijah

Elijah New Member

What if you took that extra money and used it to feed the poor, care for orphans and widows, support missionaries, send Bibles to prisons and foreign countries? Sounds to me like we're looking at the outward man or woman again and not only is that against scripture but not very Christ like.

Thoughts before I leave for church in my blue jeans, turtle neck and sweater? (I'll be on the floor with about 17 three and four year olds. BTW... the moms of the bus kids come and pick these kids up. They come in sweat pants, jeans and clothing that probably comes from a resale shop or yard sales. By my not being dressed in fancy clothes, they can feel comfortable with me.

Diane
    </font>[/QUOTE]Most excellent response Diane. [​IMG]