1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Drinking Age Debate

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by The Scribe, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pray tell, who is going to pay for the massive expansion of prisons we'd need?

You yourself say the rules are not enforced. There's the problem. Enforce the rules.

I think a better and harsher punishment would be to add a one or two year suspension of the driver's license for anyone caught drinking underage.

2. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

That's good too, but the age limit to drive should be eighteen.

3. billreber

billreber New Member

As an ex-USAF member, who also worked in the recreation career field in the AF, I can tell you that on-base facilities that sell alcoholic beverages are "supposed" to obey state laws concerning who can drink them. I can also tell you that it was easy for anyone to get the alcohol, since the older members quite often would "buy" the drinks, without having to tell who was going to drink them.

On a side note, I went to a bowling league awards banquet one time, and the president of the league stated that all beverages were paid for "except the hard liquor". Yep, he included beer as a non-alcoholic drink! Several people corrected him right away, though.

Personally, I think the suggested legal age of 427 years may be a bit young!:laugh: :laugh:

Bill :godisgood:

4. standingfirminChrist

Would ya think maybe 483?

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

right on with regards to prisons. We don't have enough room as is. Extreme senences isn't the solution, IMO.

I think stefan's idea has merit.

6. standingfirminChrist

My brother that died a drunkard last year drove for 20+ years on suspended license. Had years added to suspension and still drove drunk.

Adding years to suspension is not the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.