1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Drinking Alcohol

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Rhetorician, Nov 22, 2005.

1. natters

natters New Member

Here's something from the Bible that I believe is true and accurate:

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Ah, but that isn't true. You see, you have posted this:

"Wine in Proverbs 20:1 taken in context, is obviously fermented wine.

Wine in Psalm 104:15 taken in context, is obviously "unfermented" "

When reading the Psalm's passage, it's not obvious as you put it. If anything, it's obvious that it was talking about fermented wine.

"...wine to make you Glad..." refers to wine had during the festivals your husband mentioned earlier. You see, if you read Ecc 10:19, you will see the reference there.

So, my point was, it's NOT obvious, so I asked for your source for this information.

Nice, when you don't have anything else to throse, throw the "are you not a Baptist question.."

I asked for a non-demonational website, because I knew you had already linked once to the wayoflife website, which I don't believe half of what is said there. So, to be fair to me and you, as I am not a fundie, and I feel you might be a fundie, I requested a non-demonational site.

It really doesn't matter the demonation you're part of when you're talking about the Bible. That doesn't change unless you're Catholic or Morman, or a few others, since we both know neither of us are part of those groups, it would be safe to say that I was looking for a answer that didn't have a spin on it, or was skewed to match the belief of certain people.

As far as the demonation I am... Ask my Pastor, my church is listed in my profile. [​IMG]

Jamie

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I will give you the point, that everything you have posted IS from the Bible, but everything you say, it's NOT always in context.

I asked a question to you that hasn't been asnwered. You state one thing, but then state another.

http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/48/912/14.html#000197

So the things you say are not always in context.

Jamie

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Come on this is the worst argument yet.

Did not God the creator create every plant that grows on this earth. Is God responsable for every pot head that smokes a joint. After all if God would not have created marijuana then they could not smoke it. For that matter is not God the creator of the fermentation process that makes alcohol in the first place.

Obviously we are responsable for our own use or misuse of the resorces God gave us.

Having a glass of wine with dinner is not a sin. Drinking a bottle to drown your sorrows is a sin. Making hemp rope to tie ships at harbor not a sin. Rosting a bowl defenantly a sin.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Point well made!

Jamie

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thread closed - the topic is not David Cloud.