1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Drinking an alcoholic beverage could land you a job!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're wrong, Zaac. I don't want you gone. In fact, I would enjoy some productive conversation/debate with you. I'm just curious about the fact that you're quick to talk about all the negativity on this board, when you apparently don't realize how much you're contributing to the negativity on this board.

Consider: I posted two separate threads, one about my new granddaughter, and one about how God blessed me even though I didn't deserve it. In the context of all the "negativity" that we see on this message board, I considered these two "positive" threads.

You didn't post in either. Instead, you continue to chime in on threads when you see something you disagree with. You continue to point the finger at others.

It's easy for a legalistic fundamentalist to tear down others, because it makes him/her feel better about themselves. Likewise, it's easy for us to become "holier than thou" and tear down others, because we feel better about our own Christianity.

In fact, I'd have to say, you're just like every other "negative" poster you keep talking about: You feed off the negativity, even if you don't realize it.
    -----
    Again, sorry folks for the detour. Just felt led to point out the obvious.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Don am I this way? I may not see my blind spots and I value advice with evidence. Some have criticized me about my last job but they did not work there. I tell you I showed up on time, I corrected my mistakes, and I did my job. I just felt the environment was not a fit for me, and I did not want to work 60-70 hours a week and I sometimes complained about this to some other workers which was probably a mistake. The job was not a good fit and so I got let go. However my work ethics were good.

3. Born Again

Born Again Member

1 Corinthians 8:13 "Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble."

How many partakers, being observed by their brothers, have caused one of their brothers to stumble?

I have. Anyone else willing to admit?

(And you don't even have to be "buzzed")

#103 Born Again, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Hogwash. The negativity is on this board because every time someone says something that doesn't go along with the status quo majority position, the lot of you swarm like locust and attempt to devour the person. So you can go ahead and keep that pile on your own plate.

Like I said. I deal with bullies all the time, online and off.

So because I haven't posted to your threads, I don't support the "positive" things on the board? There are lots of threads I don't even open. There are lots that I open, read, enjoy and don't feel the need to post anything. So what's the problem?

Like I said, I understand that you and lots of those who share your POV would rather I and anyone who disagrees with your POV dare not say anything. It ain't happening.

People RESPECTFULLY disagree all the time. It's the constant, disrespectful, cynical,malicious, funky attituded stankyness with which those in the majority respond to which I am speaking. And about what? A bunch of stupid stuff that ain't gonna save anybody's soul.

I'm not talking about everybody, but it certainly applies to a lot of bodies.

And it's easy for prideful folks to view every view that isn't theirs as legalistic and an attempt of the other person to self-aggrandize.

So lest you continue in confusion, I got pushed out a long time ago and Jesus Christ took up residence and intertwined Himself into me where selfishness used to reside. I don't need to look at what ANYONE is/is not doing to make me feel better about me. My eyes are firmly fixed on Jesus, so I ain't got time to be trying to feel better about me, while I'm riding high and feeling thrilled about HIM.:thumbs:

More hogwash. That's just an excuse you and others like to throw out when you get called on your mess or if somebody dares take a POV that you do not.

Jesus Christ is holier than thou, thee and them. And HE is the one who has spoken to this mess.

If someone has been branded by the majority clique on this board as a troll not in line with the majority POV, that person can say "Happy Birthday to Me" and a group of folks who didn't care for that peson would dissect every word and find a way to verbally attack that person.

And I've seen the same folks on here do it again and again and again.

If yall want to attack and put folks down in public, then expect the funky, stank, unGodly attitudes to righteously be called just what they are.

Sure do. I wouldn't have to keep responding to the foolishness if the same people didn't keep doing the same thing. So spread the word to the clique to stop feeding the board their foolishness so that I don't have to feed off the negativity and respond.

Yes, again, you make my point. You're looking for a pat on the back from all the folks you think agree with you and what you believe to be a valid reason to put me in my place.

If this something were as obvious as you claim, there wouldn't have been any reason to point it out. Your own speech betrays your motives.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Do you eat meat? What about those who are vegetarians yet know that you eat meat. What of you causing them to stumble?

6. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I sure hope eating doesn't offend him.

7. Born Again

Born Again Member

Can you answer a question without asking a question?

8. Born Again

Born Again Member

So is that you have or you haven't caused a brother to stumble?

#108 Born Again, Aug 30, 2013
  9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're ALL this way, in some fashion. So we have to consider every communication from a perspective outside of ourselves. When Romans 15:1 tells us that we are, indeed, our brother's keeper, we must consider how our communications are received; and the fact that one receiver is not the same as the next.

For example, selling a Chevy Nova in the United States is not a problem. You can't sell a Chevy Nova in Spain, because the name of the car translates into something like "no go." Who wants a car that doesn't go?

So when you're posting things about your personal life, you have to consider that there are those that will receive your posts as you intended; and there are those that will read your posts through the filters of their own personal beliefs, culture, etc.

And then consider Matthew 18:15; if a brother tells you that he's offended by something, you should try hearing that brother out because he's offended by YOU. It's now your responsibility to decide whether to continue offending that brother, or whether you wish to continue fellowship, and figuring out a way to continue that fellowship that doesn't compromise scripture or create a division in the church.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

11. Born Again

Born Again Member

Now that statement might cause some women to think twice. Whereas the higher risk of causing your brother or sister to stumble, not so much.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for this Don. I should watch out about my personal life as this is not FB. But even on FB I do not post everything, and normally post less there than here as there more are watching.

13. Born Again

Born Again Member

Wait, are you talking to me or the Apostle Paul or...???

#113 Born Again, Aug 30, 2013
  14. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Oh put and end to your self-righteous banter and incessant finger pointing. You should really go beg for your own heart to be shown instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1okb5EIo1nw

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep, like clockwork when anyone points out the ungodliness on here for what it is, out roll the "you're so self-righteous" "oh you think you're holier than thou" crowd. :laugh:

Get some new material already. :laugh:

16. preacher4truth

You Zaac, the person pointing out the ungodliness of others remain ungodly yourself.

Why get new material when you haven't taken time to look at yourself? Post after post you denigrate others and talk down to them calling them bullies and what not as if you're above others, and frankly you're not and show that you're below them.

All of this finger pointing is simply you propping yourself up on nothing while denigrating others.

The thing is Zaac that in all actuality you are way worse than those you accuse.

In other words you're a Pharisee.

In fact, your response above shows this and shows your smug self-righteous attitude and it is mocking of the beattitudes. But you're so blinded by your own deceit you'll never see it.

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You had made an accusation about me not having compassion for the lost and I asked you for details but you ignored that post or missed it. Why?

18. preacher4truth

Really? I highly doubt this happened.

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check out earlier posts in this thread.

20. preacher4truth

You've accused, so show your accusations.

You as a street preacher I highly doubt I would accuse you of what you've stated. The burden of proof is on you, not me.