1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Druid Christians?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ChosenByGod7, Jul 1, 2006.

1. ChosenByGod7

ChosenByGod7 New Member

My wife and I found this site this weekend, and we want some information from Christians dealing with Druids and Druidism. Is this a pagan religion or is it just a philosophy? I don't know enough about it to really give my wife any answers or guidance. Some help would be great!

Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

2. gekko

gekko New Member

druidism is one of the darkest (not the darkest) satanic religions. from what i've read.

"founder of the oak tree" = druid.

not good. they originated in british isles didnt they? correct me if im wrong...

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

My ministry (and background) is in the area of New Age and the occult, which includes Pagan beliefs. Druidry is not a philosopy, but a modern revival of what followers believe to be ancient Druidry (and they may not all agree on this, though Druidry is more structured than Wicca).

This site is representative of a trend going on of some Pagans combining their beliefs with what they perceive as Christianity. For example, there are those who call themselves Christian Wiccans. However, when you investigate, you find that it is really Wicca with some ethical views of Christianity mixed in. One Christian Wiccan told me that they put Jesus at the top of their pantheon of gods, so they were not worshiping any gods above Jesus. It's basically syncretization but it's more Pagan than Christian.

Pagans have often told me there were Christian Druids in the past, and it may be that some did call themselves that but that does not mean it was authentic Christianity. Another thing to understand is that there is ancient Druidry, about which we know very little (except it was definitely Pagan), and there is the modern revival of what is perceived to be Druidry.

Druidry, ancient or modern, is totally incompatible with Christianity. It is pagan, usually polytheistic, has occult views and practices, and tends to be pantheistic or panentheistic (God is all, all is God or God is contained within creation). There is a neo-orthodox panentheism that came from Christianity, but that's another topic.

If the Druid-Christian is rejecdting polytheism or pantheism, they tend to be into a very subjective and mystical form of Christianity, which is not really Christianity. Often they may have a Catholic background. They see "truth" in Druidry and think it relates to what they understand of Christianity. You can see that on this site you put the link to.

They are also apparently buying into the magical view of Druidry/Paganism. It is not uncommon to see the occult and Paganism draw from Christianity and see the two mixed.

My site does not cover this syncretization, but I have other articles you might find of interest:
    http://cana.userworld.com

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Like so many things today, we are supposed to tolerate every new lie that comes out.

It is disgusting that the Lord today can be discussed in the same sentence as evil religions.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The church has when it runs off godly pastors who hold the people accountable. That kind of stuff is on the rise.