1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dual-Format Worship Services

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LarryN, Oct 15, 2004.

1. pastorjeff

pastorjeff New Member

Please don't get offended with me on this issue. I meant no insult to you personally. I too am a CCM fan. I have played music my entire life and have played in many praise bands ( My favorite groups are Third Day and DC Talk). To say I have not experienced it is an assumption.

What I am saying is that we don't need to seperate music styles. To do this is to express that I am more concerned about music than worship. Two of the greatest worship songs of all time are " How Great Thou Art", and "Holy, Holy, Holy". I think it was Matt Redman who said " we don't play hymns or praise songs, contemporary or traditional. WE play songs of the faith." Once again please don't think that I lump everyone in this, of couse there are exceptions. But also don't think that I have no clue or haven't experienced it. [​IMG]