1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DUI Without driving your car? Conviction upheld!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by windcatcher, May 8, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two important points:

1. Police officers do not, nor expected to enforce all laws all the time. - If they did, they would be doing nothing except writing vehicle citations. - They are allowed to use discretion in making an arrest. Another words in a sense, a cop is judge, jury and executioner.

2. The law needs to be changed. Think common sense.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Easy to write radar tickets But when an officer is in a marked car and wants to write a ticket finding a good ticket is not easy, at least in Seattle. When I signed on we were supposed to write one ticket a day I came close for the first 10 years.

But if in your area a patrol officer could write 5 or 10 tickets an hour . . . good reason to install automatic radar and red light cameras.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cant count the number of times I have seen moving violations and a police officer was nearby - but just looked the other way. I'm not talking about something minor (eg front tires over stop bar), but very unsafe & very illegal actions. I can only figure his shift would be over soon and didn't want to work overtime.
    But then again, as a driving instructor, I tend to be more attentive to unsafe maneuvers.

Salty

PS - Bill - I put you guys in the same boat as military - you can at anytime be in a dangerous situations -(but please don't follow me :smilewinkgrin:)