1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dust-off

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Victory in Jesus, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus New Member

I was sent an article like this and googled for it so I could post the link. I wasn't sure where to place this post, and even though it is frowned upon in this board, I think it requires attention from all parents that it really should be posted in all forums. I'll let the moderators make that decision, and if they feel it's important to post it elsewhere, I'll let them do that. I certainly am not aiming to get my name put out there, so they don't have to add "originally posted by". I just want parents to be aware that this could happen to their kids. I decided to post it here because computer-users are usually the ones who would have this in their house.

This is an article about Dust-off and other compressed air that comes in cans. Kids have been huffing this, because they think since it is air, it is perfectly harmless.

I purchased some compressed air at a store that had to be held just right to be used. I tried it on my coffee grounder lid and when I did, the lid chrystalized frozen and now there are so many small cracks in the lid that it looks matte instead of clear.

The father believes the child did not get enough oxygen, and this could be true. I was not there and am not a doctor. But I believe it could have frozen his lungs and the liquid in them, paralizing his lungs so he couldn't take in air. But, I'm just basing this on what I've seen this stuff do to my coffee grinder lid if held at the wrong angle.

Enough talk. THIS LINK WILL TAKE YOU TO THE ARTICLE

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

There's a kid in jail in the county I live in. He stopped at Walmart one Sunday in May of this year, went in and purchased a product like this - came back to the parking lot - huffed it - and then wrecked his truck minutes later killing a 13 year old girl who was riding with him. Several other young teenagers were also in the truck and have testified that he was laughing hysterically and said before the wreck he was going to kill them all and then deliberately drove the truck off the road.

3. Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus New Member