1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E.c.f.a.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would membership in the ECFA ( http://www.ecfa.org/Content.aspx?PageName=WhatIsECFA ) be a requirement before you would send a donation to a Christian organization?

Salty

PS, yes, this thread is in response to the call by the House to investigate ministries such as Benny Hinn and Joyce Meyers.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Seems like a reasonable step. What do they have to hide? Why not join an accountability group given the nature of the money-scheme programming that is out there to discredit Christianity?

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

No, because (as I understand it) ECFA only applies to US-based organisations. If I only donated to Christian organisations that were ECFA members, that would cut out giving to my own church, to Pilgrim Homes, to the two churches in the Philippines we help to support, and much more. However, I do expect financial accountability from the organisations I donate to.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I don't feel comfortable sending a donation to a group that isn't affiliated with the ECFA.

5. s8147817430

s8147817430 New Member

Not a requirement, but it is a good way to see if they are accountable.

Some churches and Missionary groups are too small or too narrow to be in it. But they can also be held accountable.