1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Eat as much as you want!"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 12strings, Oct 3, 2012.

1. 12strings

12strings Active Member

If you're like me, some days you find great Spiritual insights from your morning Bible reading...and then there's the other days...Here's What I came up with today:

Deuteronomy 12:20 - "When the Lord your God has enlarged your territory as he promised you, and you crave meat and say, 'I would like some meat,' then you may eat as much of it as you want." (NIV) :thumbsup:

And for the KJV folks: "...thou mayest eat flesh, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after."

Oh yeah, and it later says not to sacrifice your children...so by in-depth bible-study, we conclude:

1. Eating lots of steak: OK
    2. Abortion: Not OK

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Eating lots of steak is consistent with I Corinthians 9:27
    Of course, one must pronounce it buf-fay. I don't think smorgasbord is a NT word.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's a type in there I'm certain; eating and drinking is a type of communion with God.

But then again I see a type in Christ changing the water to wine that maketh merry the heart of man. He came and fulfilled all that was written and 'made sense of it all'.

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Deu 14:24 "If the distance is so great for you that you are not able to bring the tithe, since the place where the LORD your God chooses to set His name is too far away from you when the LORD your God blesses you,
    Deu 14:25 then you shall exchange it for money, and bind the money in your hand and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
    Deu 14:26 "You may spend the money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatever your heart desires; and there you shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.
    Deu 14:27 "Also you shall not neglect the Levite who is in your town, for he has no portion or inheritance among you. (NASB, emphasis mine)

:thumbsup: