1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ebenezer????

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by stubbornboy, Nov 13, 2005.

1. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

are these guys for real(and biblical) ebenezer :confused:

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I didn't look real hard at the site, but why wouldnt they be?

3. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

ive recieved their newsletter and they keep on telling this aliyah thing that jews need to get back to the holy land.my pastors commented that they have hidden agenda and dont believe that getting (or forcing)jews to go back is biblical?

4. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

What is your problem with them? Their Statement of Faith is unambiguous - and so is their mission, they are helping Jewish families move to Israel, and along the way they bring aid to many who evidently, by the figures shown on their home page, do not choose to go.

Why would your pastor say they have a "hidden agenda"? How would he know? How can he tell from the Philippines? It seems to me, whether you agree with their ministry or not, their agenda is anything but hidden, its right there on the website.

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I don't understand why he would say its wrong to help Jewish people get back to Israel. Isn't that their homeland?

I don't see anything there on "Forcing" them to go back. I certainly didnt get the idea that its just a couple of people trying to get all the Jews out of their own country.

One criticism I could make would be that they don't seem to be attempting to give them the Gospel.....

If it were me, Id think that they could incorporate that easily into their ministry...

6. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

ok im just asking if they are ok.thats all.sorry if i made a wrong comment to them.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the looks of their website, Ebenezer is a pre-mil/pre-trib mission work. I have no doubt they do endeavor to evangleize their contacts. It also looks to be the brain-child of one man. Though the work is made up of more than the founding couple.

I think differences in culture and language; the work is interdenominational and is based in England, account for some of the difficulties in evaluating the work.

All this to say, Your Milage May Vary, in supporting this work.