1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ecclesiastical Separation

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My church (home church as I am a missionary) cooperates with a few other ifb churches in works like youth, camp, evangelism. There would be 100% doctrinal agreement. We work hand in hand.

We work on general issues - caring center for pregnancy, rescue mission, right-to-life, Christian Law Assoc, FCA - with other believers/churches that cover a wide gamut of doctrine. But do not work hand in hand, just with them on issues of general concern.

We do not have any cooperation with the ecumentical or charismatic crowds, join services, pulpit sharing, ministerial fellowship.

So we draw strong doctrinal separation in most areas, and even where we have loose cooperation, it is in support of a cause, NOT on a church footing.

Are we alone?

2. mioque

mioque New Member

We do things slightly differently.
    We have no formal ties of any kind to any other church. There is no official coöperation on any matter with any other church.
    So no working hand in hand.

There is however a rather large inofficial network that we tap into for what you describe as general issues and that is also used for more trivial stuff.
    Our standards seem to be a lot lower than those of your church when it comes to these things.
    We (that is groups of people who happen to be members of our church) have worked together with the eucumenical crowd during anti-abortion actions.
    When a number of us went to see The Passion of the Christ, we did that together with the interested parishioners of a local Catholic church and I and Antoon Rabou (the priest) gave a presentation on the Roman Catholic aspects of the film beforehand.