1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Economic Treason

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

I think that I need to move to Pennsylvania. It sounds like utopia.

[​IMG]

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

He said to pay taxes and when someone steals your shirt to give him your cloak as well.

3. Craigbythesea

He was just kidding, wasn't He? I thought that being a Christian was keeping for yourself everything that God has placed in your stewardship so that you can show the world how God has blessed America. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

4. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

The obligation to pay taxes does not give the government the right to confiscate unlimited amounts of money for unrestricted purposes.

You being required to turn the other cheek does not imply that I have a right to strike you.

That comment interests me, in that I have spent a lot of time in California. I have gotten to know some Californians who are genuinely generous and caring people. But I have met many who are the most superficial and self-centered people that I have ever seen. Perhaps that is a reason for our difference of perception on this. If you were to move to Pennsylvania, I think you'd generally find people to be more reserved and perhaps less friendly on the surface, but also much more caring and generous when "push comes to shove". Just my observation, for what it's worth.

C'mon east...you can be "Craig by the sea" here, and you can even walk on the beach. :D

5. Craigbythesea

Are you sure that I would be welcome? I am an extremely hyper-conservative Democrat; you know, the kind that Jesus was [​IMG] .

:cool:

[​IMG]

6. Craigbythesea

7. Craigbythesea

Just one more thing. If you know anybody that might like to buy my house, tell them that the garbage disposer is only 2 years old and works real good.

[​IMG]

8. Craigbythesea

George Bush gave me the telephone number of his tax lawyer so that when I sell my house in Santa Monica I won't have to pay any capital gains taxes on it. :D

He and I were fraternity brothers at Princeton (or was that Yale?)

P.S. Please don’t tell George or his wife that I am a Democrat! If you do, they might not send me a fruitcake this year.

[​IMG]

9. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Are you sure that I would be welcome? I am an extremely hyper-conservative Democrat; you know, the kind that Jesus was [​IMG] .
    :cool:
    [​IMG]

</font>[/QUOTE]You'd be amazed, in local politics around here the Democrats are often much more conservative than the Republicans. That's because most of the old-time Pennsylvania Dutch are traditionally Democrats, and the Democrat party of just a generation or two ago was far more conservative than today's GOP.

Didn't Church Mouse Guy tell you? The Constitution Party keeps a detailed dossier on everyone who posts political comments on the internet; I just called them. I also got access to your bank accounts the same way, and will be donating all of your money for the campaign. ;) [​IMG] Actually, the boring truth is that I looked at the bottom of all your posts where it says that you live "on the west coast". Granted that doesn't necessarily mean California; I just assumed, perhaps wrongly.

Well, it ain't much compared to what most of us in PA have, but since you say the garbage disposal is relatively new you might be able to sell out for a lateral move. :D

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

My taxes went up when I moved from CA to IA. The piece of property I own in IA is less then 1/2 of the value of the property I owned in CA too.