1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Economy trumps abortion among

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 8, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You would have a point if abortion was limited to America. But since it isn't limited to America, this makes no sense.

2. targus

targus New Member

There is only ONE God.

Decide whatever you want. Just don't misrepresent something like murdering the unborn as anything other than sin. Or do you truly believe that God finds abortion to be pleasing in His eyes?

Got a lot of Scripture supporting abortion do you?

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

In case you are not aware we are discussing America in this topic. Obviously anything contradicting your justification of murdering babies makes no sense!

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Exactly my point, which is why I asked;

Would that not be left between the Christian and their God? Is it for me to decide what is religiously right for you?

This again was my point, who made you guys God's only spokes man and the on true interpreter of his word? I only say what is pleasing in His eyes is what His Word says is pleasing in His eyes. You are the one saying things are pleasing or an abomination that His word doesn't specifically say. You are the one taking literary license with His Word.

The day you can show me a verse specifically saying "thou shalt not have an abortion" I will side with you but as for now you are going purely on interpretation of verses. And interpretations are like opinions.

Now having said all I just said, I am not defending abortions. What I am saying is God has told us of many things that are an Abomination in His site yet you guys take one and run with it like the rest of the Book doesn't exist. I would like to see you have as much passion defending the whole counsel of God and not just one issue close to YOUR heart.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The lengths folks will go to soothe their vexed soul.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I have one - 'thou shalt not kill'

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

My point Roger, well besides when I believe life begins, is that isn't the only "thou shalt not" in the bible. If we are going to defend the "thou shalt not" with every fiber of our being, lets defend all of them. If we're only going to choose one to defend, how do we decide which one that should be and who does the deciding?

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

My soul needs no soothing. I am at peace with God. :jesus:

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

You are correct. I think people are starting to realize that the GOP has no interest in overturning the decision handed down by Roe v. Wade - it is simply a wedge issue used to manipulate the pro-life vote.

Just wait: it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Regards,
    BiR

10. OldRegular

Yes! The tax, spend, and protectionist policies of BO will lead us into a depression. Then the pro murder of babies people on this forum will reap what they have sewn.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It gets worse than that BIR, the government and debt grew more in the last 8 years than it did under the Clinton administration. Yet some continue to vote for the party of less government.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I could be wrong, but it seems we'll need to raise taxes to pay for all the spending from the last 8 years. What Obama has proposed is to only raise the taxes of the 5% making above $250K. Certainly they can afford a 3% increase in tax without going to the poor house.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If loosing my job, having to sell my house and move into substandard housing, and struggling day to day even more would save the life of babies, I'd do it.

The economy is nothing. We can't take it with us anyway. But allowing children to live would be a far better legacy than having an estate that the government takes a huge part of anyway.

Nope - babies win over money.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Sure he is

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That is your choice and I applaud you for it but hope you never get put in the position. However, there is no such system of prioritization mentioned in Gods word. So that makes this more of a personal choice than a Christian mandate.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think this is the problem Rev, he says he will do one thing but there are too many who know more about what he will do. It would be one thing to criticize for what he said he would do but it isn't fair to criticize for what you believe he will do what that is not what he said.

17. Baptist in Richmond

No, more likely it will be the current POTUS and his effective nationalization of the financial services industry. The depression will have been caused by the POTUS who spent so much that he doubled the national debt. Although we don't know that an Obama administration will do, we certainly can see what the Bush administration has done.

I have yet to see anyone who is pro murder. Perhaps you should tone down your rhetoric.......

Regards anyway,
    BiR

18. Baptist in Richmond

Amazing, isn't it?

Regards,
    BiR

19. OldRegular

As far as I am concerned anyone who voted for BOooo is pro murder of the unborn and in some cases the just born. Some are either too stupid to realize it or have other priorities as noted by LeBuick above!

20. OldRegular

You correctly state that it is a matter of priorities [note my earlier post].

However Scripture does have something to say about priorities.

Proverbs 6:16-19
    16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Surely you will agree that saving innocent lives is a righteous act and not argue that shedding innocent blood is a righteous act.